In the age of the digital consumer, Global Aftersales is vying to deliver the best automotive user experience, tackling one of the world’s most sophisticated supply chains and exceeding all service expectations. We are responsible for the conception, marketing, sale, and delivery of all automotive replacement parts worldwide for both GM and non-GM vehicles – and we’re the only business unit that supports the vehicle cradle to grave. Looking ahead, we plan to use a century of technical expertise to redefine the industry and introduce the next level of customer service in vehicle ownership.
Our Global Sales Service & Marketing (SSM) Internship program capitalizes on the strength of university talent and provides students a dynamic opportunity to apply their classroom learnings to scale. We’re seeking smart, curious, and bold individuals with a passion to usher in the age of eCommerce and the digital consumer experience. We want you to live the General Motors culture and behaviors and make an impact to our organization that will last well beyond the 10 -12 week experience.
Our SSM interns will tackle the challenge of providing multi-channel engagements, incorporating innovative technologies to meet the growing demands of the savvy digital consumer, and partnering with dealerships across the country to deliver a seamless buyer experience. With a continuous focus on optimizing our customer interface, interns will help us in developing a new approach to sales in the age of digital media.
Interns will have a multitude of responsibilities but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute marketing programs that improve Customer Service Retention
- Prepare and present Customer Relationship Management (CRM) marketing proposals to business channel and sales leadership
- Ensure successful marketing program execution and timely post-program metrics
- Communicate across wholesale and retail organization to maximize dealer enrollments and sales field engagement
- Coordinate input from internal/external customers to better understand customer needs and/or perceptions for pricing, fit, form and function
- Review and meet sales objectives through building business in the dealer service lane
- Educate, train, and assist dealers in implementing processes for customer retention initiatives
- Educate and assist Customer Care and Aftersales Field teams on various initiatives
- Work with dealers to improve profitability through marketing, merchandising and fixed operations consulting
- Educating customers on new technology and features while also resolving customer questions or concerns about technology features
- Providing feedback to engineering teams for continuous technology improvement
- Act as liaison between Vehicle Sales Service Marketing, OnStar and other GM teams in areas of Customer Relationship Management
- Obtain, analyze, and report on automotive specific and overall industry syndicated research
- CCA locations are Grand Blanc and Warren, Michigan
- Pursuit a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Automotive Technology, Sales Engineering, Business Administration, Sales, Marketing, Data Analytics, Information Technology or eCommerce
- Must be graduating between December 2023 and June 2025
- High aptitude for data analysis
- Demonstrates leadership in the field of study, extra-curricular activities or service organizations
- Hybrid option if you live in South-East Michigan, otherwise internship will be remote
- Prior internship experience in the field
- Insatiable curiosity and desire to learn
- Understanding and/or experience with digital marketing, eCommerce, content marketing, omnichannel marketing, augmented reality, artificial intelligence/machine learning in predicting consumer preferences, and chatbot development
- Interest in both sales operations and marketing
- Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking that is customer-centric
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
- Oral and written communication to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
- Emerging partnership and teamwork skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability and trust
This role offers the following Work Appropriately strategies:
- Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be onsite full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
- Remote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
The median level or the monthly salary compensation for this role is $4,650 dependent upon class status and degree. Benefit options are not available for this role.
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to each student selected for the 2023 Student Program.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.