Spring/Summer 2023 Chevrolet Internship program
We believe strongly that our future business depends on today’s bold actions. As General Motors aspires to be the Most Inclusive Company in the World, we are recruiting a total of five rising college juniors or seniors from Historically Black Colleges & Universities for the 2023 Discover the Unexpected internship program, working directly with the Chevrolet Marketing team. This will be a ten-week internship with an opportunity for a returning internship in 2024 or full-time employment after graduation.
Interns will integrate into one of the Chevrolet Marketing teams supporting specific vehicle nameplates and/or with teams leading our Digital, Social, CRM, or Media strategy groups. Interns will get valuable experience supporting the development and execution of various marketing programs and go-to-market strategies with a focus on Chevrolet’s EV future. They will work on innovative ideas to help drive EV adoption and increase Market Share for the Chevrolet brand, providing data-driven insights, and collaborating with agency partners. This candidate will help the team identify and define future marketing opportunities and discover ways to drive additional exposure for Chevrolet products and programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project management - marketing plans and timelines
- Effective communicator who can develop relationships necessary to collaborate cross-functionally
- Capable of working successfully virtually
- Ability to quickly process and evaluate information to make informed decisions
- Assists with generating reports and analyzing metrics for various programs
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in Marketing/Advertising, Business, or related major
- Must be graduating between December 2023-June 2025
This position has a planned start date of May/June 2023.
This role offers the following Work Appropriately strategies:
- Remote : This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
The median level of the monthly salary compensation for this role is $4000-$6700, dependent upon class status and degree. Benefit options are not available for this role.
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to each student selected for the 2023 Student Program.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.