About GM Global Communications:
Our Global Communications team strives for ways to better engage our customers, establish relationships, and tell the stories from across the entire organization that reflect our industry leadership. It’s how we keep a finger on the market pulse and gain insights that help our products and services deliver beyond expectations!
Internship Focus Areas:
- Product/Brand: Media relations, product knowledge, story pitching, teamwork and collaboration with other functions, including Marketing and Engineering, as well as executive communications
- Manufacturing: Employee communications, product knowledge, union partner relationships, media relations, public policy/government relations, community relations, crisis management, business leadership team dynamics
- Corporate: employee communications (IC role), media relations, issues management, collaborating with senior leaders, story pitching, broadcast, internal events management
Pursuit of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Communications or related field
Must be graduating between December 2023 and June 2025
Demonstrates leadership in field of study, extra-curricular activities or service organizations
Able to work full-time - 40 hours per week during the summer months
Ability to work independently and with a team
Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
Emerging partnership and teamwork skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability, and trust
This role offers the following Work Appropriately strategies:
Remote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
The median level of the monthly salary compensation for this role is $4,650 dependent upon class status and degree. Benefit options are not available for this role.
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to each student selected for the 2023 Student Program.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.