The Strategy & Innovation Team at General Motors identifies and nurtures strategies that accelerate enterprise transformation. S&I is home to the company’s Corporate Strategy, Data & Analytics, and the Global Innovation incubator organization.
The newly formed Corporate Strategy Team is charged with challenging the status quo and developing strategies that drive GM’s transformation to be the most admired automotive company and achieve the vision of Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion. We partner with senior leadership across all functions and lines of business to develop a coherent corporate strategy and implement critical initiatives that drive value through the core business and propel GM into future market opportunities.
As a Corporate Strategy intern, you will work under mentorship of a senior corporate strategy employee and have an opportunity to work on projects that may entail:
- Support the identification, activation, and execution of strategic projects
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses that yield compelling business insights and useful recommendations
- Collaborate with various GM teams as needed to acquire data and/or generate insights that provide a deeper understanding of the market and our customers to inform strategy development
- Apply data and analytics methodologies to set direction and prove/disprove hypotheses in our strategies
- Communicate complex business concepts in a structured and succinct manner that conveys an actionable point of view
- Pursuing Bachelor’s in Business, Finance, Economics, Data & Analytics, Marketing, Strategy, Engineering, or a related field
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to process and organize facts, data, and other information to define a problem and develop an effective solution.
- Experience with collecting, studying, and analyzing research or benchmarking data about markets, customers, sales trends, products, services, or similar information.
- Some experience with applying data & analytics methodologies to set direction, prove/disprove hypotheses and communicate a useful point of view
- Ability to aggregate, synthesize and communicate business information in formats that are clear and effective for the desired audiences
- Highly organized and skilled in priority setting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Cultivates an open, inclusive culture that supports learning and encourages collaboration.
This position has a planned start date of May/June 2023.
This role offers the following Work Appropriately strategies:
- Remote : This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
- However, the internship may require travelling onsite to Detroit 2-3 times during the Summer (the associated travel expense will be covered by General Motors).
The median level of the monthly salary compensation for this role is $4000-$6700, dependent upon class status and degree. Benefit options are not available for this role.
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to each student selected for the 2023 Student Program.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.