At General Motors, we combine the passion of a startup with the influence of a global powerhouse. Our vision of a future with zero crashes, zero emissions, and zero congestion is bold, and our people are leading the way as we seek to transform the future of personal mobility. To achieve this vision, we need people to join us who are passionate about crafting safer, better, and more sustainable ways for people to get around.
Our culture is passionate about building inclusive teams, where differences and outstanding perspectives are embraced, so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career.
About Digital Business Team:
Our Digital Business Team (DBT) organization is responsible for delivering GM’s digital growth strategy & customer experience vision by building a deeper relationship with our customers and accelerating GM’s transformation from vehicle maker to platform innovator.
- Build and execute experiences across digital and physical channels – in-vehicle, mobile, web, dealer, advisor
- Manage all facets of GM’s digital ecosystem, including eCommerce, online vehicle shopping, loyalty and card program, infotainment, digital service, OnStar Safety & Connectivity, fleet and business solutions and connected over the air updates
- Responsible for pricing & packaging for all digital products & services
There are variety of areas within DBT, and your summer internship can be based on your interest, qualifications and best fit for the business.
- In-Market Enhancements (IME) Assistant Analyst Intern – where you will have the chance to make vehicles better over time. Here you can really demonstrate creativity, innovation, and problem solving. This team builds new services, digital accessories or receives upgrades to vehicles to improve the customer’s overall experiences.
- Enterprise Customer Experience Assistant Program Analyst – where you are energized to build outstanding experiences every day by delighting customers and setting out to make everything and everyone around you better. We use your strong analytical skills to transform data into impactful information for the customer journey.
- Social Media Analyst – gain hands on experience to support development and results of strategy to social platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
- Contact Center Experience or Quality Analyst – gather data and analyze current advisor Customer Experience flow to identify quality issues, problems, and recommendations. In this team you get the opportunity to conduct independent research & tests to validate the hypothesis and draw a conclusion
- OnStar Safety/Security Assistant Analyst Intern – where you will have the chance to develop strategies to grow OnStar Safety & Security business. We analyze market, customer insights and partnership opportunities to frame new products and services and make recommendations on business strategy.
- Connected Vehicle, Carrier Partnership Assistant Product Analyst – Work with the team that develops, builds, and maintains the strategy for global partnerships with carriers. You will collaborate with cross functional teams across GM to understand the customer and business needs and evaluate carrier and telecom industry innovations and cutting-edge technology platforms to identify the business partnerships and collaboration opportunities that will meet those needs, enabling and accelerating growth for GM’s connected vehicle products and services.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas: Marketing, Business, Communications, Management of Information Systems or Data Science
- Able to work full-time, 40 hours per week
- Must be graduating between December 2023 - June 2025
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations
- Shown capability to collaborate with different people and groups to gain trust and hit program objectives
- Demonstrated learning agility
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
- Emerging partnership and collaboration skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, take initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with honesty, accountability, and trust
- Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking that is customer-centric
This position has a planned start date of May/June 2023.
This role offers the following Work Appropriately strategies:
- Remote : This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
The median level of the monthly salary compensation for this role is $4000-$6700, dependent upon class status and degree. Benefit options are not available for this role.
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to each student selected for the 2023 Student Program.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.