The complexity of today’s vehicles on are reliant on data connectivity to support the performance and features of our vehicles. Global Aftersales Engineering and Service Operations works to ensure each vehicle is designed to support ease of serviceability. We are consistently vying to deliver the best automotive user experience and exceeding all customer service expectations. We are responsible for the conception, marketing, sale, and delivery of all automotive replacement parts worldwide for both GM and non-GM vehicles – and we’re the only business unit that supports the vehicle cradle to grave. Looking ahead, we plan to use a century of technical expertise to redefine the industry and introduce the next level of customer service in vehicle ownership. Service Information, Labor Time, working with design teams to ensure Serviceability, Immersive Engineering, Brand Quality, Diagnostic Software, Service Programming, Part Release, Parts Catalog.
Our Global Aftersales Engineering & Service Operations (GAESO) Internship program capitalizes on the strength of university talent and provides students a dynamic opportunity to apply their classroom learnings to scale. We’re seeking smart, curious, and bold individuals with a passion to usher in the age of machine learning. We want you to live the General Motors culture and behaviors and make an impact to our organization that will last well beyond the 10 -12 week experience.
Our GAESO interns will tackle numerous challenges that the industry is facing today a rapidly growing need for interchangeability of service parts, live diagnostic software for evolving vehicle systems, and the introduction of the electric vehicle platform into the service delivery lane. Students are prime to apply the latest innovative technologies and stretch their engineering capabilities as we delve into the world of artificial intelligence and computational thinking.
Interns will have a multitude of responsibilities but are not limited to :
- Represent Aftersales Service within the Global Vehicle Development process to communicate and implement strategies to improve vehicle serviceability and avoid warranty/dealer costs
- Investigate/resolve interchangeability of service parts
- Identify, develop and release responsible service parts in accordance with all Aftersales milestones for assigned global and local vehicle programs
- Construct analytical reports and automated processes using Power BI
- Research and design alternative processes for customer literature authoring (vehicle owner’s manual and dealer technician materials)
- Facilitate Simultaneous Release of service parts in the Product Engineering System at the required Global Aftersales milestones
- Complete Service part change management and release in the Aftersales System
- Identify requirements, lead development, and validate special tools per the global timing
- CCA Engineering locations will be Warren, and Milford Michigan. Some roles may be Hybrid or Remote)
- Pursuit of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering Technology or Software Engineering
- Must be graduating between December 2023 and June 2025
- Demonstrates leadership in field of study, extra-curricular activities, or service organizations
- High aptitude for data analysis
- Prior internship experience in field of study
- Insatiable curiosity and desire to learn
- Understanding and/or experience with Machine Learning, Mechatronics (incorporating Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning in productions), Computer Programming & Software, Additive Manufacturing, Computational Thinking, and Robotics Maintenance
- Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking that is customer-centric
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
- Oral and written communication to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
- Emerging partnership and teamwork skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability and trust
This role offers the following Work Appropriately strategies:
- Onsite: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
- Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be onsite full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
- Remote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
The median level or the monthly salary compensation for this role is $5,400 dependent upon class status and degree. Benefit options are not available for this role.
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to each student selected for the 2023 Student Program.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.