Make an Impact
Are you a bold innovator who is motivated by challenging the status quo? Are you adept at navigating sophisticated situations? Do your peers consider you a strategic problem solver and partner? If so, the Global Business Solutions Transformation Team has an opportunity that will challenge you and use your outstanding talent. Make an impact at GM!
At General Motors, we combine the passion of a startup with the influence of a global powerhouse. Our vision of a future with zero crashes, zero emissions, and zero congestion is bold, and our people are leading the way as we seek to transform the future of personal mobility. To achieve this vision, we need people to join us who are passionate about crafting safer, better, and more sustainable ways for people to get around.
Our culture is passionate about building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced, so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career.
The Transformation Team
The Transformation team within Global Business Solutions is passionate about driving a ground-breaking shift in strategy, structure, systems, processes, and technology across the enterprise. We strive to be global strategic business partners, delivering extraordinary transformational solutions. We operate as a global organization, supporting various functions including Finance, Controllership, Purchasing, HR, Manufacturing, Sales, Marketing, and a growing list of new business partnerships.
As a Member of the Team, You Will
- Collaborate with various partners across different business functions to identify, understand, and document business processes
- Facilitate workshops to capture business and IT partner objectives, pain-points, and opportunities, translating them into world-class processes and technology enablers
- Conduct iterative agile software configuration sessions to ensure that all key internal consumer organization business objectives are met
- Develop process improvement, system implementation, and project management skills
- Contribute to global transformational projects, working closely with business subject matter authorities
- Collaborate with Transformation workstreams to implement standards for master data management and process improvements using digital solutions
- Develop current state/future state process flows, write user stories to detail business requirements, prepare user acceptance test plans, assist with performing testing, support technology deployments, and perform hyper-care activities
- Pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas: Finance, Accounting, Business, Marketing, IT, or related field
- Must be graduating between December 2023 & June 2024
- Able to work full time, 40 hours per week during the summer months
- Demonstrates leadership in field of study, extra-curricular activities, or service organizations
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications
This role offers the following work appropriately strategies:
- Hybrid : This position does not require an employee to be onsite full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
- Remote : This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to each student selected for the 2023 Student Program.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
The median level of the monthly salary compensation for this role is $4,250 dependent upon class status and degree. Benefit options are not available for this role.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.