Global Purchasing & Supply Chain Intern
At General Motors we pride ourselves on designing, building, and selling the world's best vehicles. We are seeking a new generation of visionaries to help launch bold engineering and business initiatives, and shape new directions for General Motors. As an intern through our EXCEL (Exploring Careers through Experiential Learning) Program you will gain hands-on career specific experiences to improve your real-world potential.
As part of the Global Purchasing & Supply Chain Internship Program, you will be collaborating on innovation challenges, interacting with Industry leaders, attending cross-functional events, and volunteering for community service activities. The Internship Program is a 10, 11, or 12-week internship where current college students will perform jobs and gain valuable work experience in one of the following areas:
- Areas of opportunity based on business need
- Autonomous, Electrical Controls, Adv Technologies
- Engine, Transmission, & Thermal Purchasing
- Raw Materials
- Customer Care & Aftersales
- Supply Chain
- Propulsion/Assembly Command Centers
- Tactical Operations
- Container Operations
- Vehicle/Propulsion Scheduling
- Future Material & Engineering Change
- Demand Planning
- Logistics Purchasing
- Supply Chain Engineering
- Other Assignment Opportunities
- Value Chain Engineering
- Accessories & Aftermarket
- Warranty Performance
- Supplier Resiliency
- Sustainability & Partnerships
- Program Purchasing Management
- Strategy, Planning & Operations
- Pursuing a degree in one of the following: Supply Chain, Purchasing, Procurement/ Acquisitions and Contract Management, Business, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, General Engineering
- Must be graduating in December 2023 or later
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office products - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Previous purchasing, logistics, or supply chain internship experience
- Participation in Supply Chain case competition team or similar school association
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization
- Emerging partnership and teamwork skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability, and trust
- Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking that is customer-centric
This role offers the following Work Appropriately strategies:
- Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be onsite full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
- Remote: This position does not require an employee to be onsite/relocate to S.E. MI. The employee’s role enables them to work for GM 100% remotely.
The median level of the monthly salary compensation for this role is $3900.00 dependent upon class status and degree. Benefit options are not available for this role.
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to each student selected for the 2023 Student Program.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.