Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired. This position requires an employee to be on-site 1 time per week.
Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) is the future of GM and this is an opportunity to become part of the team developing and delivering Super Cruise, Ultra Cruise and all Active Safety features!
The ADAS AFMEA Lead will be responsible for ensuring the well defined AFMEA process is facilitated and carried out across all software teams, which includes providing leadership and oversight for a variety of technical analysis activities within the Automated Driving and Active Safety Application Software (ADAS) team.
While this isn't a hands-on technical engineering role, you'll participate in software requirements definition as well as understanding designs, analysis, development, and testing of control algorithms.
You will also provide oversight for all new, modified, and carryover software components to ensure continued compliance with regulatory requirements, and receive the opportunity to be the ADAS organizational lead for this activity with overall responsibility to grow organizational capability around AFMEA documentation and analysis. In addition, you will also be the lead for all CG3000 activities representing the ADAS Application team in discussions with Software Validations teams.
- Collaborate with Global System Safety team to understand and assess the impact of component software FMEA analysis and ensure appropriate verification and validation requirements are met with documentation tracking and facilitation.
- Act as single point contact for the Active Safety SW Team as it relates to communication with Sub-System, System, and Feature level FMEA analysis. Includes with collaboration with Global System Safety, Calibration, and Systems-Feature engineering organizations.
- Act as lead for resolution on prevention and mitigation for safety critical hazards identified as a result of the AFMEA analysis and collaborate with ADAS feature functional safety team on actions necessary.
- Lead and drive the implementation in AFMEA process improvements with facilitation on the execution and specific directions detailed in the AFMEA process.
- Participate as primary support in required CG3000 meetings with Software validation teams, facilitating the resolution of issues and concerns.
- Bachelor of Science degree
- Understanding of ADAS software and technical components
- Minimum of 3 years of application quality assurance/compliance or AFMEA compliance experience
- Familiar with requirements creation and ongoing requirements management in DOORS
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of analytical problem solving skills where problems are complex and difficult
- Master’s degree
- Experience with AFMEA, DFMEA or PFMEA
- Experience in controls systems engineering & modeling using Matlab/Simulink or Hand Code
- Familiar with Global System Safety Processes and ISO26262
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.