Responsible as Assembly Execution Engineer for the Toledo AB1V Gas and ETRS program. The Execution Engineer will be responsible for coordinating the installation, debug, and PPAP of the AB1V Gas and ETRS program. In this role, the candidate will work closely with the Process engineers, construction team, local safety, focus factory engineers, and the Launch team to coordinate the installation, debug, runoff, PPAP, and Launch Deliverables completion for these programs at the Toledo site.
- Assembly Execution of the AB1V Gas and ETRS project at Toledo
- Plan and execute the installation and debug of new equipment
- Create and lead in-plant runoff planning and conduct runoff parts meeting
- Validate error proofing plan and update PFMEA’s
- Conduct make part equipment validation and PPAP timing plan with the Launch team.
- Develop and lead the PPAP review meetings utilizing the PPAP checklist
- Update area of responsibility and participate in the Launch wall meetings
- Lead the closure of all ME open issues for Launch Deliverables
- Lead the lessons learned gathering activity and feedback the information to Process engineer for BOE/BOP updates
- Support OEM equipment runoff at supplier floor
- Supports plant floor equipment installation
- Completes plant floor debug and runoff
- Safety Contract Management of OEM’s
- Establishes equipment installation board and review weekly/daily with OEM and contactor
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the Launch Deliverables to the final customer
- Works closely with multi-disciplined teams to understand functional requirements, contribute to generation of innovative ideas, develop project plans and implement appropriate solutions
BS in Engineering or equivalent experience
Understanding of engineering theory and principles of operation of mechanical and assembly systems
Assembly experience a plus
Experience in troubleshooting assembly equipment
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.