Accessories Shows & Events Assistant Marketing Manager is responsible for development and execution of shows and events for Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac Accessories. Position requires close coordination with multiple stakeholders and functional areas, including divisions, accessories product managers, ADIs and suppliers. Accessories Assistant Manager will work side-by-side with key stakeholders to identify opportunities, develop future business and marketing strategies. Successful implementation of accessories-centric solutions will result in improvements across the purchase funnel.
- Support Corporate Events throughout the year including SEMA, NADA, Auto Shows, Woodward Dream Cruise, NASCAR, Indy, Barrett Jackson and divisional dealer events. Responsibilities include processes defined, creation of displays, update vehicles with accessories on display, develop marketing materials with respective teams and manage on-site assets and personnel. Execute and/or support => 40 events.
- Support Fleet & Commercial Events throughout the year including Fleet Product Preview and Regional Commercial Conferences. Responsibilities include processes defined, creation of displays, update vehicles with accessories on display, develop marketing materials with respective teams, and manage on-site assets and personnel.
- Create purchase orders through the GM SAP System for all suppliers that support the events. Manage and track invoices.
- Maintain the yearly budget, marketing event calendar, and display asset tracking. Provide Management month by month with updates.
- Travel to events. On-site support for accessories set-up, maintain, and teardown.
- Coordinate and publish the quarterly ADI Newsletter. Work with Accessories Product SMEs on collecting relative content and distribute to the ADIs quarterly.
Required Skills & Education:
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple initiatives without direct supervision
- Action-oriented leader with the ability work independently and escalate issues appropriately
- Strong marketing strategy development and planning skills
- Demonstrated understanding of business fundamentals
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must be willing to travel
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.