The Assistant Manager, EV Integrated Payment Solutions will enhance the EV customer experience by supporting the development and implementation of payments , settlements, and other transactions on the Ultium Charge 360 Platform.
Our ideal candidate understands product and program management with integration around digital payment solutions as part of a broader CX strategy. Being able to leverage an existing professional network and familiarity with potential ecosystem partners will be a distinct advantage, so our ideal candidate will have EV ecosystem stakeholder experience (CPO/MO/MSP) . A high degree of comfort in tactical execution and dealing with ambiguity is needed. Critical thinking and a demonstrated ability to develop solutions within complex business case scenarios is required. Ability to process a broad array of inputs into a strategy and present this critical strategic information thoughtfully.
This role will rely on building internal and external partnerships that deliver great CX-focused solutions and a positive EV ecosystem stakeholder experience (CPO/MO/MSP) . It will have high visibility with executive leadership and across all General Motors brands, so exceptional subject matter level communication and influence skills will be critical to success.
- Facilitates and manages cross-functional project teams focused on improving the customer experience with payments and other transactions on the Ultium Charge 360 Platform
- Build strong partnerships with external stakeholders throughout the EV ecosystem (e.g. CPOs, MSPs, MOs, and third parties) and execute legal agreements. May include suppliers, consultants, analysts, utilities, and other stakeholders in the EV infrastructure, transactions, and charging ecosystem
- Works collaboratively with engineering, IT (designers/developers), cybersecurity, legal, and finance program management teams, and other internal groups crafting and executing necessary strategies to optimizing the charging experience
- Help design and execute long-term integrated payment solutions , including ISO15118 Plug and Charge, that are intuitive and consistent across partners
- Support the development and communication of technical and design requirements establish common approaches, and translate standards into implementable business solutions
- EV ecosystem stakeholder experience (CPO/MO/MSP)
- 3-5 years of experience with automotive OEM in an electrification-based role, electric vehicle (EV) charging company, utility, or organization focused on EV/customer experience (CX)
- Strong understanding and familiarity of the Mobility Operator (MO) / Mobility Service Provider (MSP) function of the EV Charging payment and settlement ecosystem
- Undergraduate degree required
- Technical understanding of ISO15118 Plug and Charge and Charging Network Roaming / Interoperability methodology
- Specifying requirements, execution and evaluation of designs, analysis, development, testing and control of major engineering projects where creativity and initiative are involved as well as a high level of independent judgment. Comfortable working in whitespace (new areas/concepts) and open-minded to new and changing approaches to ensure desired solution is achieved
- Demonstrated ability to understand business concepts, including the ability to critically evaluate and create project plans
- Ability to work with all levels within General Motors globally and across functional boundaries e.g. engineering, finance, purchasing, vehicle development, legal, including senior leaders
- Strong Business acumen / strategic agility
- Ability to Deal with ambiguity
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Prioritization and decision-making skills
This is a Hybrid position. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-4 x per year at the GM Global Tech Center - Cadillac Tower . Relocation may be provided.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.