We’re dedicated to achieving our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion. We are looking for people who are passionate about helping us create safer, better and more sustainable solutions for personal mobility. Our bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired. This position requires an employee to be onsite monthly. Must be local and/or willing to relocate.
Vehicle Infotainment Systems are a rapidly developing area of automotive engineering. Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) is the new vehicle intelligence platform that will underpin all our future innovations across a wide range of technological advancements, including intuitive infotainment systems that enhance the traveler experience. We're developing beautiful and intuitive systems that enhance the traveler experience.
The Senior Azure DevOps Engineer will be a member of the Software Defined Vehicle team and will be primarily responsible for building, deploying, maintain and automating our software development pipeline from source control through production. Works closely with operations as a developer, or with development as an operation professional. As a Senior Azure DevOps Engineer you will be responsible to provide end-end solutions for CI/CD process.
- Write software, from build system automation to automated deployment, to scale our engineering delivery
- Bring in continuous deployment practices to improve our Agile posture
- Imagine, architect, develop, deploy, and evolve CI and CD systems for our cloud applications
- Write Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Industry standard tools and services
- Write application deployment automation using industry standard deployment and configuration tools
- Design and implement continuous delivery pipelines that serve the purpose of provisioning and operating client test as well as production environments
- Provide systems support including responding to monitoring alerts
- Implement and stay abreast of Cloud and DevOps industry standard methodologies and tooling
- Work with developers to identify vital Azure resources and automate their provisioning
- Document automation processes
- CI/CD infrastructure and process troubleshooting (disk space, network issues etc).
- CI/CD pipeline support (troubleshooting, support with setting up in new projects)
- Work closely with key collaborators to collect, analyze, and derive DevOps requirements
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in mathematics, computer science, information systems, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Azure DevOps
- 2+ years of hands on experience on Kubernetes and containerization technologies, such as Docker and Azure Container Registry
- Hands-on experience in continuous delivery and continuous integration of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Azure Repos, branching, code review and code analysis tools
- Proficient with Git, Git Flow, Azure DevOps
- Expertise on Azure Functions
- Strong hands-on expertise in diverse DevOps concepts / tools, especially on Azure DevOps, Pipelines, GitHub, GitHub actions
- Ability to assess the requirement, environment and suggest right tools / technologies
- Good knowledge on PowerShell scripting
- Expertise in Debugging and providing solutions and workarounds
- Knowledge on different monitoring and logging solutions available on Cloud, preferably on Azure
- Excellent communication, presentation, and coding abilities
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Azure DevOps
- Azure DevOps (AZ - 400),
- Azure Data Engineering (AZ-200 and AZ-201) and
- Azure Cloud Developer (AZ-203)
FOR GM INTERNAL CANDIDATES : This role is posted at both the 6th and 7th level. The determination by HR and the Hiring Manager as to whether an offer will be lateral or promotional will be based on a candidate’s relevant experience and whether the role will amount to a significant increase in level of responsibility.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.