This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work remotely but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to live a commutable distance to the innovation center they are selected for.
The Azure Security Engineer is a technical leadership position which requires leading the definition and implementation of Microsoft Azure security technology direction, standards, and policy across GM business units or multi-functional IT organizations. This position is responsible for building and maintaining the Microsoft Azure security posture, integrating into DevSecOps processes, and automating controls.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing and implementing Secure Azure IaaS, PaaS, SaaS Solutions (covering Identity, Networking, Storage, Containers)
- Implementing Azure Security Controls in a Hybrid Cloud environment
- Building Azure Governance
- DevSecOps implementation (CI/CD in Azure)
- Azure Automation
- Microservices and Container (AKS) deployment
- Logic App Designs and Workflows
- Communication to leadership
- Bachelor Science in Computer Science or similar technical IT degree
- Programming/Scripting Ability
- Azure Experience
- Knowledge of Cyber Defense Operations in Azure
- DevSecOps Experience
- AZ-500 – Azure Security Engineer Associate (Required)
- At least 5 years experience in a Security function highly preferred
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) certification preferred
- AZ-400 – DevOps Engineer Expert (Optional)
- SC-900 - Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals (Optional)
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.