About the team:
The Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) organization is seeking a Database Administrator. ETS provides a broad set of technology products and services to the GM IT organization.
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience as a DBA.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Database Standards, Practices & Policies to effect successful implementation & expected behaviors from Database management systems.
- As a DBA responsible for Install, configure, and manage on-perm / Azure SQL Server environments with high availability and disaster recovery.
- Experience in SQL on-perm migration to Azure SQL.
- Strong knowledge of automation: Infrastructure as code using PowerShell is preferred.
- Collaborate with peers & IT Partners in execution of assigned duties.
- Communicate with technical, applications and operational team to ensure database integrity and security.
- Support on-call activities as needed.
- Perform assigned tasks using established procedures, policies and process.
- Perform & maintain all documentation supporting effective change control, business continuity & sustainment of Database systems.
- Provide solutions to Database Management problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and creates a winning culture.
- 3 years experience in building, migrating/deploying Azure cloud-based database and PostgreSQL is a plus.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.