Develop manufacturing processes, equipment, tooling and flow of operations for lithium ion batteries, or other advanced propulsion technologies. Work is performed in a team environment where you will have daily interactions with product engineering, plant engineering, other manufacturing engineers and a multitude of others to successfully launch new products. You will be working in a centralized engineering center and plant environment where a considerable amount of creativity and initiative is exercised as well as a high level of independent judgment.
Responsible for supporting activities that include:
- Project management for large (or large portions of) projects for Advanced Propulsion Assembly Equipment
- Support prototype builds through development of the processes, tooling, and equipment all while working with product engineering to refine designs for manufacturing
- Develop the production manufacturing process for new products
- Design, construction, integration, plant installation, successful launch and continuous improvement of equipment and tools required in plants for the production of high quality parts
- Providing technical direction to and oversight of outside vendor sources
- Development and testing of advanced process technology
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of post graduate industry experience of Manufacturing or Design experience is required
- Master's or higher degree
- Available for minimal Travel
- Demonstrated understanding of Manufacturing Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering assignments with successful individual and/or team-based achievements
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.