In our pursuit to create a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, GM’s Global Manufacturing Engineering team is challenging the limits on what is possible and embracing agility as it reimagines how to build the next generation of vehicles. Our diverse team of Manufacturing Engineers plays a crucial role in transforming our facilities through implementing the adoption of ground-breaking technologies. From raw sheet metal to final assembly, this team is reinventing the tools and processes that will enable GM to deliver on our promise to create an all-electric future.
The BIW Senior Manufacturing/ Lead Process Engineer will work with minimal guidance from supervision and will be responsible for developing manufacturing processes, equipment/tooling alternatives, sequence, and flow of operations for the effective utilization of personnel, material, machines, and facilities necessary to produce parts and assemblies.
- Manufacturing process definition
- Design, construction, integration, plant installation, successful launch and continuous improvement of equipment and tools required in plants for the production of high-quality assemblies
- Human factors consideration
- Efficient material flow
- Development and testing of advanced process technology.
- Developing technical knowledge and ability in process engineering disciplines
- Developing knowledge and ability to implement Lean principles
- Demonstrate strong analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage major projects and assignments with full autonomy and accountability for results
- Demonstrated ability in project management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent training/experience
- At least 7 years of manufacturing engineering experience
- At least 3 years of experience managing major projects including new product launches
- At least 3 years of experience providing technical direction and leadership of outside vending sources or body shop process leadership
- Willingness to travel extended periods of time
- High level of problem solving and issue resolution aptitude
- Technical capability with knowledge of automated processes
- Ability to lead a work group as well as managing projects experience
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 software tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.