Key Job Elements:
Create and implement daily quality control procedures for body shop dimensional control. Support daily quality control procedures for body shop welding, dispense, fastening and metal finish.
• Provide a safe work environment
• Group leader for Dimensional Op Techs and CMM Operators
• Manage body dimensional control procedures – Understands and monitors A, B, C & E31 data and metrics for the body shop and drives the process to achieve metric goals
• Coordinates and analyzes dimensional data collection from CMM and Perceptron Vision Systems to drive build to nominal
• Provide corrective action for customer dis-satisfiers affecting GCA, DRR, and DRL
• Be a technical resource for skilled trades and production teams
• Support the maintenance & engineering group for all activities, including breakdowns & project planning
• Support production & maintenance for TIP, ISO & GMS
• Provide an environment which stimulates team member involvement and personal growth
• Provide customer support for Stamping, Paint and General Assembly
• Lead problem solving activities working with Stamping and outside suppliers to resolve process related issues
• You will analyze and implement product or machinery designs for the best method for manufacturing processes and error-proofing
• You will propose and evaluate the processes for equipment in assigned area
• Direct the design, development, and/or improvement of manufacturing processes for assigned area
• You will keep regular contact with partners outside the work group
• You will provide direction to small group of technical employees
• You may evaluate or monitor expenditures for processes and/or equipment
• Manage dimensional PCPs and provide countermeasures for any open issue
• Host weekly Dimensional Wall Reviews with Stamping, Body Shop, and GA team members to review latest Body shop quality metrics and open build issues
• Present to plant leadership each week the countermeasures taken to reduce the Top 5 Body Shop GCA defects
• Ensure up to date gauge calibrations for tooling equipment
• Extensive understanding of body shop tooling and manufacturing dimensional processes
• Process validation experience with new equipment build, installation and start-up
• Broad knowledge of manufacturing and quality processes
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
• Must be willing to rotate shifts
• Extensive ISO Knowledge
• Production and/or maintenance leadership experience
• People Leader Experience – Lead 2/3 Salary Engineers
• Launch experience
• Dimensional experience
• GMS Knowledge
• Teamcenter Vis Mockup
• Knowledge of CMM, Hexagon, Scan Box equipment
• Bachelor degree (Mechanical or Electrical)
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.