This position is responsible for coordination of all aspects of technical training, from planning to execution. They are responsible for the spare part strategy and the development of the equipment maintenance schedule for all new and modified equipment. They will be tasked to enable maintainability through our Workplace Safety Systems and to meet downtime targets.
- Plans and schedules all technical training for skilled trades and support staff
- Balances daily shop needs, vacation schedules, and class availability and size
- Works with site training coordinator to develop training plan and track progress
- Sets up spare parts for all new & modified equipment
- Runs reports and perform parts analysis on suggested spare parts list
- Edits spare parts descriptions as required
- References usage at other plant facilities to establish appropriate mins/maxes
- Works closely with plant finance to manage spare parts orders
- Aids indirect material team with part identification, shipping errors, obsolete part replacement and description changes
- Develop storage/distribution methods i.e. General stores/POU/warranty
- Ensure shop maintainability supports Workplace Safety Systems and mean time to repair
- Reviews current General Stores inventory: recommends parts for deletion or min-max modifications
- Field verifies new equipment
- Conducts all aspects of Maintenance Readiness in Body Shop
- Develops the maintenance PM’s and CM’s in the MAXIMO system per the T&E and PCP guidelines
- Leads the effort to meet BPD Level 2 goals for PM/CM completion
- Leads continuous improvement of the PM process
- Procures and maintains equipment manuals by manufacturer, develops TIS’s as required
- Assists in weekend/project work planning
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with skilled trades and production team members
- Works closely with Body Shop Launch Manager and Body Maintenance teams on continuous improvement activities and other launch deliverables
- Requires minimum of 5 years of related maintenance experience.
- Proven project management and communication skills. The ability to learn on the fly. Exercises independent judgment in managing complex and ambiguous tasks with minimal input from supervisor.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to lead diverse/cross-functional teams as well as mentor, motivate and elicit work output from peers and other team members.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.