The world has changed, and we need your help to change it for the better! The General Motors BrightDrop team is tasked with developing and commercializing smarter ways to deliver goods and services. This includes zero emission solutions that will reduce congestion in cities and improve safety. BrightDrop is seeking customer-focused team members who have a passion for innovative technologies and approaches to business. Access to advanced technologies and the autonomy to challenge convention create an exciting fast-paced environment often associated with Silicon Valley start-ups.
This is a unique opportunity to innovate and scale sustainable solutions to address the world’s mobility challenges. We seek passionate and experienced individuals - come join us and let’s innovate!
To learn more about how we’re building smarter ways to deliver goods and services please go to https://www.gobrightdrop.com/ .
BrightDrop is seeking an experienced Knowledge Management professional to develop strategies to coordinate BrightDrop’s resources to enable efficient answers and workflow for BrightDrop fleet customers, dealers, and end users. Responsibilities include organizing the BrightDrop Customer and Dealer Care databases spearheading the knowledge management programs and projects, answering inquiries,
processing requisitions, and addressing issues and concerns, resolving them promptly and efficiently.
Furthermore, as a knowledge manager, it is essential to work effectively in a matrixed environment to support the execution and streamlined processes for teams to provide outstanding and consistent experiences and documentation in alignment with our strategic vision.
- Participate in the set-up of a new framework for Knowledge Management activities, including the development of learning paths, the identification of subject matter experts, the collection of best practices and the execution of change management plans
- Participate in the maintenance of a Knowledge Management Center of Excellence by supporting technology teams with documentation efforts
- Work with the Business Process Lead and focus on translating information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical users
- Engage in formatting, editing, and quality assurance on own work and the work of others
- Improve editorial and visual standards to deliver flawless documents and recommend new designs, layouts and procedures to appropriately engage learners and other audiences
- Responsible for support and maintenance, coordinating process materials
- Provide strategic view on the further development of knowledge management systems and practices to support the work and development of the organization into the future
- Ensure that all systems supporting Knowledge Management work in an integrated fashion and are appropriately supported and developed to guarantee a high and continuing level of efficiency for the organization
- Knowledge of Customer, Fleet, Automotive or other process focused line of business preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient with MS Office software and other computer applications
- 8+ years customer support and Process Improvement operations experience
- 5+ years customer support strategy consulting or continuous improvement management
- Customer support management
- Strong organizational skills and ability to consolidate information into impactful and usable content
- Ability to work independently and maintain confidentiality and tact relative to administrative, personnel, and budgetary matters
- Required: 4-Year degree
- Preferred: M.B.A in Business Administration, Operations Management, Marketing, Etc.
Other Notes / Requirements:
This is a hybrid role, expectation is to be in Warren, Michigan office 2-3 days a week, upon overall return to work guidance.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.