At BrightDrop, we are reshaping e-commerce by developing smarter, greener, and more efficient ways to deliver goods and services to your door, while delivering a brighter future for the cities where we live. We are building an ecosystem of all-electric, zero-emissions delivery solutions – from electric vehicles, to ePallets and software that leverages real-time data to drive intelligent optimizations for e-commerce. To deliver on our mission we are growing fast and building a team, based in Palo Alto, with offices in Atlanta and Detroit, that is customer-focused, agile and passionate about innovating for a more sustainable future.
BrightDrop is looking for people who can combine a passion for technology and sustainability with high doses of curiosity and rigorous thinking to deliver a better future.
Backed by General Motors, BrightDrop is striving to improve the communities where we live and deliver a better future for generations to come. We hope you’ll join us.
This Assistant Manager of Network Development will help BrightDrop rapidly establish and manage a world-class fleet dealer sales and service network! Working alongside the Manager of Network Development, this individual will assist in the development and implementation of network strategies that ensure strong fleet customer support and sustainable dealer profitability. This Assistant Manager will also have the opportunity to work closely with field operations to drive Sales Operations Strategies and develop solutions to complex issues as the BrightDrop Dealer Network is developed.
- Support selection and establishment of new BD fleet dealerships, analyze current dealership performance, and analyze open market potential
- Organize internal documentation, to include updating of key contractual information
- Support launch of new dealers, including administration of Sales & Service Agreement contracts, distributor letters and supporting documentation
- Support BD fleet dealer performance evaluation, working closely with the Manager of Network Development in analyzing and developing improvement strategies as needed
- Track and ensure dealer implementation and compliance with BrightDrop brand standards, signage standards and digital presence; verify these standards are being met
- Assist Manager of Network Development with new dealer onboarding activities, to include sales, service and parts
Skills & Qualifications:
• 5+ years of Dealer Network Development and Sales Operations experience
• 5+ years Automotive Retail or Fleet Sales or Service Operations field experience (working directly with dealers)
• Self-motivated with strong organizational, communication, analytical, problem solving and presentation skills
• Strong Project and Resource Management experience
• Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with dealers and internal business partners at all levels
• Ability to travel as required (10 - 15%)
Education & Experience:
• B.S./B.A. Required
• MBA or equivalent work experience preferred
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.