At BrightDrop, we are reshaping e-commerce by developing smarter, greener, and more efficient ways to deliver goods and services to your door, while delivering a brighter future for the cities where we live. We are building an ecosystem of all-electric, zero-emissions delivery solutions – from electric vehicles, to ePallets and software that leverages real-time data to drive intelligent optimizations for e-commerce. To deliver on our mission we are growing fast and building a team, based in Palo Alto, with offices in Atlanta and Detroit, that is customer-focused, agile and passionate about innovating for a more sustainable future.
From engineering to product management and operations, BrightDrop is looking for people who can combine a passion for technology and sustainability with high doses of curiosity and rigorous thinking to deliver a better future.
Backed by General Motors, BrightDrop is striving to improve the communities where we live and deliver a better future for generations to come. We hope you’ll join us.
Would you like to have a meaningful impact on the product and on the technology behind it? Do you know how to make things better, and have the passion and drive to go for it? Are you hoping for an engineering playground where you can unleash your creativity? If so, we’re looking for YOU!
An Electrical Engineer to design and develop electronic modules and sub-systems for functions such as communications, processing, sensory, propulsion, power, etc. This is a rare opportunity to join a fast-growing team in early stages of design, and to have a real impact on the products, technologies and work processes.
Responsible for the design, development and validation of electronic boards, modules and sub-systems. Including all levels from concept and evaluation through design, schematics, layout, simulations, testing, bring up and integrations to release and production readiness .
- Contribute to the system architecture and optimization discussions. Define and drive processes, methods and tools as needed
- Closely work and align with electrical, mechanical, software and system engineers in development and integration of your design into coherent modules and sub-systems
- Work and align with other internal teams as prototyping, testing and production, and with external partners as JDM, CM, and suppliers
- 5+ years of experience in digital and mixed-signal circuit and module designs
- Experience with electrical and firmware system development, manufacturing process, testability and serviceability
- Strong electrical foundations: power, analog and digital signals and circuit understanding, common communications, power & signal integrity, EMI/ESD, grounding, shielding
- Hands-on approach and experience, can-do attitude, active and driven, with strong sense of ownership
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, ambiguity, and frequently changing requirements
- Independent, can define and maintain schedule, prioritize tasks, actively pursue input from others, get things done
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or other related fields
- Experience with high-density, high-speed circuit design
- Experience with signal processing, firmware and logic design
- Experience with motion and robotics control and communications
- Experience with low-voltage power design, including battery, charging, etc.
- Experience with peripheral items as cameras, switches, sensors, actuators, etc.
- Familiarity with electronic certifications and regulations
- Familiarity with system engineering concepts, considerations, methods and tools
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.