- Establish an IT vision and technology strategy to lay the groundwork for future innovation and growth
- Assess the use of our current portfolio of applications and look for opportunities to unlock their full capabilities
- Build successful stakeholder relationships with other business leaders by developing a clear understanding of business needs and ensuring cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs
- Identify any potential gaps in the overall IT offering and recommend solutions to increase operational effectiveness and optimize strategic benefits
- Lead a high performing team with the appropriate mix of business knowledge and technical skills required to achieve business objectives
- Have global accountability for roadmaps, performance, and availability of the Corporate IT team
- Plan and manage the global IT budget
- Provide executive oversight for vendor partnership and management including QBR and SaaS Management
- Lead IT component of all merger and acquisition activities
- Develop and manage annual operating and capital budgets
Competencies & Experience
- 15+ years of progressive IT leadership experience; Head of IT or executive IT leadership experience in business-to-business, manufacturing, and high-tech verticals including global experience
- Experience with any ERP systems and proven ability to successfully leverage the entire suite of the ERP’s capabilities (S4 Hana, Oracle or NetSuite)
- Broad knowledge of all facets of the Information Technology function (enterprise business applications, infrastructure, security, development, etc.)
- Strong track record of leading M&A projects and integrations
- Demonstrated capability in leading IT transformational initiatives in complex, dynamic environments, which may include development and management of overall project plan, schedule & budget adherence, status reporting, escalations, testing, user approval, final corrections, and methodology compliance.
- Highest level of personal integrity consistent with BD values, respect, transparency, ownership and collaboration
Leadership: Direct and global experience leading teams overseeing end-to-end ERP lifecycles
Executor: Ability to work cross-functionally with global business partners, lean into ambiguous situations to lead, take action, and deliver results
Communicator: Natural storyteller with the ability to distill complex ideas into simple and effective messaging.
Collaborator: Create exponential impact through the connection of people to people, and ideas to ideas, instilling a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
Simplify: Vigilant in prioritizing value-add work and removing the barriers that inhibit teams' success.
Optimizes: Builds organizational capability, balances multiple stakeholders to achieve operational excellence
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.