At BrightDrop, we are reshaping e-commerce by developing smarter, greener, and more efficient ways to deliver goods and services to your door, while delivering a brighter future for the cities where we live. We are building an ecosystem of all-electric, zero-emissions delivery solutions – from electric vehicles, to ePallets and software that leverages real-time data to drive intelligent optimizations for e-commerce. To deliver on our mission we are growing fast and building a team, based in Palo Alto, with offices in Atlanta and Detroit, that is customer-focused, agile and passionate about innovating for a more sustainable future.
From engineering to product management to operations, BrightDrop is looking for people who can combine a passion for technology and sustainability with high doses of curiosity and rigorous thinking to deliver a better future.
Backed by General Motors, BrightDrop is striving to improve the communities where we live and deliver a better future for generations to come. We hope you’ll join us.
We're looking for an organized, flexible, and detail-oriented person who's enthusiastic about - and has a driving need to deliver--the best possible workplace experience for BrightDropers. This person will need to hit the ground running to set up operations and implementing programming aligned with the future of work at BrightDrop, scaling existing programs, strengthening vendor relationships, and leading a team that helps keep teammates engaged and productive.
As a Sales Engineer at BrightDrop, you will actively participate in field sales efforts assessing opportunities for client success. In this role you will work closely with Sales, Product, Software, and Customer Success to support activities necessary for delivery of bookings and revenue to meet and exceed Company expectations. This position will report to the Head of Sales Engineering.
Key Result Areas
• Develop and implement specific account strategies to deliver revenue growth and meet or exceed business targets collaboratively with sales team.
• Subject matter expert on all BrightDrop software and data services.
• Collaborates cross functionally to ensure high close rate on named accounts through solution selling with sales executives.
• Provide strategic insight and input to market, operations, finance and product based on the voice of the customer during sales cycles.
• Understand the market and competition – setting traps and building moats that result in BrightDrop success.
• Drive thought leadership in the industry, and develop new data-driven processes to optimize the education and evaluation of our product.
- 5+ years of commercial sales engineering, product, or sales support leadership experience with a focus on new account closure with large (global) accounts with multiple product offerings in hypercompetitive environments.
- Experience with complex sales models/cycles.
- Proven track record successfully supporting sales team in achieving aggressive sales targets.
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguous situations and interpret customer needs effectively while aligning organizational capabilities to those needs.
- Experience in supply chain and last mile software, hardware, and data service offerings.
- Proven track record of working independent for early stage/start-up technology company.
- Building strong effective and durable relationships internally and externally, with colleagues and clients, including at C-suite level.
- Keeps abreast of relevant supply chain industry information, handling and storage equipment innovations, supply chain technology, delivery, and operational best practices to drive innovation.
- Experience in solution selling with various pricing models, both hardware and software.
- Bachelor’s degree mandatory, Master’s degree a plus.
- Travel required. Must be able to travel regularly.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.