At BrightDrop, we are reshaping e-commerce by developing smarter, greener, and more efficient ways to deliver goods and services to your door, while delivering a brighter future for the cities where we live. We are building an ecosystem of all-electric, zero-emissions delivery solutions – from electric vehicles, to ePallets and software that leverages real-time data to drive intelligent optimizations for e-commerce. To deliver on our mission we are growing fast and building a team, based in Palo Alto, with offices in Atlanta and Detroit, that is customer-focused, agile and passionate about innovating for a more sustainable future.
From engineering to product management and operations, BrightDrop is looking for people who can combine a passion for technology and sustainability with high doses of curiosity and rigorous thinking to deliver a better future.
Backed by General Motors, BrightDrop is striving to improve the communities where we live and deliver a better future for generations to come. We hope you’ll join us.
In this Senior Software QA Engineer role you will develop both the manual and automated testing strategy on both web and mobile platforms for GM’s new electrified fleet. We are a quality first team and we need your help to ensure we meet the highest standards. In this new team we need your best creative thinking to create a beautiful and intuitive experience that you are proud of. Come join us and let’s innovate!
What you get to do in this role:
• Collaborate with PM and developers to better understand how customers interface and use our product to design specific testing strategies for features being developed and automate them
• Generate comprehensive test plans, execute and automate them for web, mobile and hardware platforms flawlessly to deliver on time with the highest quality
• Build, enhance and maintain automation frameworks utilized by team to automate critical user scenarios for regression testing
• Collect and report quality metrics from test executions
• Involve in technical discussions and deep dives with engineers to timely discover and resolve issues
• Support engineering and development organizations in troubleshooting and/or addressing issues with applications and dev/test environments.
• 5+ years of software quality assurance and test automation for mobile, web and backend API
• Ability to understand various testing techniques (e.g., performance, unit, integration, automated), their strengths and weakness, and ability to use them to best effect – including tracking and addressing of any discovered issues
• Strong CS fundamentals, including OO concepts, data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems.
• Ability to optimize and efficiently use the tools (such as IDE, debugger, build tools, source control, profilers, Postman) to assist with day-to-day tasks
• Proven experience developing comprehensive and effective test and performance tools, as well as frameworks (such as Java, Junit, TestNG, Selenium, Appium, Protractor and other open-source projects)
• Proven ability to drive cross-team technical discussions and decision making with a solid understanding of SDLC concepts
• BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.