About the role:
GM Defense is actively engaged in the pursuit of Government program opportunities. Some of these opportunities are in the U.S. Department of Defense, which includes the US Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force and Joint Special Operations. This person reports to the GM Defense (GMD) Vice President, Business Development in the management of each specific program pursuit, including the initial stages of business development, through proposal development and ultimately the capture of the contract award.
A fully qualified individual contributor will have an excellent business acumen, be organized, and be excessively customer focused. This individual will also have excellent people skills and be willing and able to commit time and effort to a dynamic, fast paced, and demanding business environment. This individual will perform a variety of tasks, with a self-starter attitude, willing to “roll up the sleeves” with an “it’s on me” mentality to meet deadlines.
- Lead the Capture of new business opportunities that transition from Business Development pursuits to a winning proposal submission.
- Lead Capture Meetings and Win Strategy Workshops, and provide continuous updates through action item completion
- Lead Gate Reviews, Black Hat Reviews, and Price to Win development workshops
- Develop and continuously update each specific program Capture Plan and Win Strategy, including tracking all Capture Team action items
- Develop and continuously update the Customer Engagement plan, as well as scheduling and tracking customer contacts for key internal personnel
- Review and become intimately familiar with all program draft and final Request for Proposal (RFP) documentation
- Develop RFP compliance matrices and coordinate with Program Management and Capture Team members for resolutions
- Coordinate with internal and external teammates for continuous RFP Analysis and the generation of questions for the Government Contracting Officers
- Assist the Proposal Team in the development of a winning proposal to achieve full RFP compliance and achievement of Outstanding ratings in all source selection factors
- Develop of Bases of Estimates (BOE) for Capture bid and proposal costs and schedules
- Assess Capture risk areas, establish mitigation and contingency plans, and collaborate with Capture team to control
- Complete additional duties as assigned to support the Capture and Business Development team
- Individuals are expected to operate within the GM Behaviors, such as Think Customer, Be Inclusive, One Team, and Win with Integrity.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years of experience in Government Business Development, Capture, Program Management or Contract Management
- 2-5 years of experience leading cross functional teams, as well as collaborating well with others that are not direct reports in a team environment
- Experience interfacing directly with Government customers and executive leaders
- Comfortable operating in a fast paced, high energy workplace
- Ability to work professionally on a team with internal and external sources
- Proficient in using MS Office suite of tools (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Project) to produce professional written communication, such as reports, presentations, and correspondence
- Works well under pressure to complete multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines with a passion to succeed
- US travel up to 10%
- Ability to obtain a US Secret security clearance
- Must speak, read and write English fluently and clearly
- Must be a US Person
- Master’s degree in Business, Communications or Engineering Disciplines
- Capture management training (Shipley or other)
- Knowledge of various contracting vehicles including Firm Fixed Price or Cost Plus
- Greater than 5 years of experience in Government Business Development, Capture, Program Management or Contract Management
- Greater than 5 years of experience leading cross functional teams and collaborating with non-direct reports
- Experience leading Business Development campaigns and developing Capture Plans and proposal development efforts
- Possess a US Secret security clearance
- US travel up to 25%
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.