About The Role:
OnStar Insurance is currently looking for an individual who is obsessed with disrupting how personal insurance claims are identified, reported and processed. This person will help us connect the dots between vehicle data and insurance claims in a way that builds confidence for customers and changes the industry forever.
As an associate product manager, you will support the Claims Telematics and Innnovation work stream in product ideation and execution. The top candidate will be adept at the discipline of product management including a data-driven approach to balancing customer need, technical solutions and business strategy to develop and deliver on a product vision. You will leverage the GM ecosystem to reach customers with meaningful insights at the most critical point in the insurance process. This is a terrific opportunity for a savvy associate product manager to make a big impact in a dynamic, fast-moving organization.
You will formulate and execute strategic plans to support the business in achieving goals of developing and deploying new claims technologies and processes while optimizing investment and business goals. You will continuously design, execute, measure and implement learnings from A/B tests to enhance the user experience and drive deeper engagement. You will represent the interests of the business and the customer in creating customer solutions with a mix of dedicated and matrixed resources while partnering with organizational stakeholders such as Product, Data Science, Engineering, Marketing, Corporate Communications, Public Policy, Legal, Privacy and other business units.
This is a truly unique opportunity to join at the foundational stage of a start-up leading the transformation of the auto insurance claims experience with the backing of the largest connected vehicle fleet in the world. If you share our vision of making auto insurance claims more accurate and transparent then OnStar Insurance is the place for you! At OnStar Insurance, your contributions will directly impact the customer and achieving our mission. Come help us build the things that others will only dream about!
- Develop new claims product in new markets. manage product from Concept to Market Launch
- Create, manage, and adapt product roadmap to meet quarterly objectives/KPIs
- Work with a team of developers, analysts and designers to drive the full product life cycle, spanning ideation, design, implementation, testing, and iteration
- Build out analytics capabilities and perform ongoing and ad-hoc analysis to assess product performance and extract new product insights
- Continually seek qualitative customer feedback to guide product decisions; be the voice of the customer
- Engage with Sales, Marketing & Product to establish user personas, use cases, and analytics scenarios in support of requirements definition and justification
- Engage with other product teams to align on dependencies and outcomes.
- Participate in the design and development of statistical analyses and reports that explore and present large amounts of data to discover underlying patterns and trends related to volumes, operational efficiency, cohort analysis, and product performance
- Maintain compliance with GM’s policies, procedures and mission statement
- In collaboration with the Senior claims PM, Define and deliver a product vision and strategy
- In collaboration with the senior claims Product Manager, define product roadmap
- Work with engineering, UX, and business stakeholders to drive business value
- Define a set of KPIs to measure business impact with the ability to analyze and utilize them in the decision-making processes
- Entrepreneurial instincts with clear bias for informed action
- Adhere to all confidentiality and consent requirements as outlined within GM’s Operating Policies and Procedures in all ways and at all times with respect to any aspect of the data accessed in the undertaking of the position
- Be creative in identifying new ways to detect insurance losses
- Become an expert in detecting losses and connecting data to an insurance claim.
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Prepares compelling presentations, and other forms of communication standards and templates, to present and communicate complex concepts to a diverse audience, including senior leadership.
- Contribute to an amazing work culture
- Complete any additional tasks that may arise
- 2+ years experience in product management in an insurance or telematics discipline.
- Or 5 years of insurance claims experience
- Or 2 years of experience working with connected vehicle data from any source.
- Customer focus – ability to gather customer insights and prioritize product features appropriately
- Ability to influence - Develops and delivers a compelling narrative which resonates with a target audience and influences a decision or course of action.
- Experience or familiarity with product management tools like Aha, TFS, etc.
- High ability to manage ambiguity
- Skilled at building relationships in a digital environment with geographically diverse stakeholders.
- Desire to significantly disrupt how insurance claims are handled across the industry
- Ability to successfully work with cross range of teams including engineering, UX, legal, finance, sales and operations
- Entrepreneurial instincts with clear bias for informed action.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a track record for creating solutions to problems you are the first to tackle
- Excellent written and verbal communications across technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Comfortable working independently
- Comfortable working remotely
- Up to 25% travel
- Experience in the insurance industry, preferably in auto claims.
- Experience with vehicle or mobile telematics
- Experience working with B2B SaaS
- Experience in standardizing data delivery across customers whenever possible
- Experience with software development, preferably within both Agile development processes
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.