About the role:
We are hiring Account Executives s t o join one of our internal start up teams. In this role you will support the execution of the product’s go-to-market strategy and business development. You will collaborate with the Business Development lead to sell our subscription products to B2G customers. This is an exciting, high impact role with one of General Motors’ internal startups. Imagine. Invent. Implement. Your chance to shape the future of cities and General Motors. This role will be a WFH role which will require travel to customers, partners and HQ in Warren, MI.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Prospecting for and selling software applications and related services to B2G customers
- Own and Optimize your sales strategy for different accounts over time by using programs like: persona based cadences, targeting segments and personas with particular calls to action or particular use cases.
- Meet sales OKRs by executing a sales plan in support of national objectives
- Develop creative solution proposals for unusual and complex customer use cases
- Participate in the development, presentation, and sales of a value proposition.
- Negotiate pricing and contractual agreement to close sales.
- Identify and develop alignment with key third party influencers.
- Identify, uncover, and develop new account opportunities within the B2G market
- Work with internal teams across all functions of the company to help streamline and identify ways to delight the end users.
- Up to 40% travel
Required Skills & Experience:
- Validated sales management experience with experience in the Public Sector vertical
- Successful track record. 5 years of applicable experience, including 3+ years of direct sales experience (preferably to US Federal, public sector, or international organizations)
- Ability to penetrate new accounts, meet business line leaders and stakeholders within accounts.
- Knowledge of sophisticated, multi-vendor selling cycles
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot commercial opportunities
- Ability to adjust to different audiences, from developers to CIOs, to lines of business
- Must have SaaS/IoT Business Application Software experience
- Ability to form trusted relationships with executive sponsors, economic buyers, and technical end users via conversations, tradeshows and video calls.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior experience with government clients especially Departments Of Transportations
- Prior experience working within a startup environment
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.