This position is required to be onsite full time.
The Community Leader is the single point of contact and Building Owner for all Sustainable Workplaces needs (Maintenance, Housekeeping, Roads & Grounds). They are responsible for high level of facility services within a site with a standard level of mechanical and electrical infrastructure and conventional tenant processes, development and administration of service contracts. Partner with the service provider to provide excellent services to our tenants as outlined in the service agreement.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Facilities Maintenance/Management or equivalent training/experience
Prior experience in facility/building systems and/or property management processes is preferred
Working knowledge in business application software (Microsoft office, Outlook Calendar) and other related electronic tools
Preferred BOMI or IFMA or other applicable professional certifications.
Communicate proficiently to all levels of management and executives.
Financial and budgeting skills
Autonomous work and decision making oriented.
Develop and lead effective teams (third party)
Timely and effective problem solving
Event coordination and supervision acumen
People Are Key
- Be a leader in the GM safety culture, ensuring everyone goes home safely every day, through extensive knowledge of the workplace safety system and safety contract management. (It’s On Me)
- Provide results in a manner that is truthful and demonstrates strength of character. (Win with Integrity)
We Are They
- As a single point of contact for the building tenants, you will be responsible for daily interface and coordination of all Sustainable Workplaces activities for their respective building(s) and/or business unit to ensure high quality and timely delivery of building maintenance and housekeeping services. (It’s On Me)
- Act as the voice of the tenant in long term project planning and execution by pulling in the required resources such as Facility Engineering, Resource Management, Communications, Real Estate, Food and Administration Services. (One Team, Think Customer)
- Responsible for supporting the workspace transformation projects and culture change by actively partnering with the Sustainable Workplaces’ cross functional teams. (One Team, It’s On Me)
Excellence is a Form of Deviance
- Responsible to ensure the Service Provider is complying with GM Global Safety standards, including but not limited to: Speak up for Safety, Global Call to Action, Safety Observation Tours, employee safety concerns, incident investigation, safety module compliance, and sentinel events. (It’s On Me)
- Responsible to ensure the Service Provider is delivering efficient and timely execution of all facility services in the areas of Maintenance, Housekeeping, Roads & Grounds services, as well as driving continuous improvements and sharing lessons learned. (Look Ahead, Think Customer)
- Drives strategic and analytical planning to optimize building and facility services guided by industry benchmark standards including for example: space utilization (move service center, furniture/ergonomics), energy efficiency, Service Agreement deliverables, and On-Demand activities. (Look Ahead)
- Develop creative solutions to complex facilities challenges. (Innovate Now)
- Utilize technology and information in support of GM’s mission to deliver data driven solutions that allow us to operate efficiently now and in the future. (Innovate Now)
From No to Go
- Drives successful planning and execution of all Sustainable Workplaces-Global Manufacturing System (GMS) principles and elements within their portfolio. (One Team)
- Demonstrate a culture of inclusion by actively listening, embracing change and educating others to work effectively together while providing training and coaching. (Be Bold)
If You’re Not Positive Energy, You Are Negative Energy
- Speaks up to ensure we are doing the right thing for the right reasons. (Be Bold)
- Maintain open communication between the tenant and Sustainable Workplaces by leading tenant interface meetings (Be Bold)
- Role model and reinforce our vision, mission, drives and behaviors that cultivate our cultural transformation. (It’s on Me)
- Waste elimination mindset with a focus on creative solutions to cost challenges.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.