Remote: Position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
The Automated Driving Compute Platform Verification team is influencing the transformation of future transportation with ADAS and Automated Driving! Our team is focused on design, integration and verification. Our compute platform uses various compute capabilities including CPU, GPU, Image Signal processing (ISP) pipelines and Machine Learning Accelerator (MLA)].
We are looking for an experienced, impactful Computer Science Engineer to support the Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) Automated Driving Compute Platform. This individual will be responsible to enable GM’s safety-critical ADAS compute technology roadmap and controllers. This is a unique experience that includes the combination of advanced silicon performance analysis & definition, and involvement in groundbreaking technology! This experience includes exposure to high level management as well as opportunities to work with specialists in the field of controls.
- Perform SoC architectural measurement and analysis, focusing on forecasting CPU, data bus bandwidth, NSP/CPU/GPU memory utilization, ISP bandwidth, and utilization of other resources across various subsystems on the SoC.
- Perform detailed analysis of the existing software to provide workload characterizations/loading to assist in SoC resource utilization by deploying tools to benchmark.
- Design and implement automated data analysis scripts to measure compute performance.
- Work cross-functionally to incorporate compute data parameters requirement and measurement to present performance trends .
- Adapt existing tools and/or design and implement a new framework for composing small standalone microkernels into a system level benchmark suite.
- Compute resource utilization analysis and allocation such as CPU Core affinity, timer sharing analysis.
- Analyze ADAS feature workload allocation into target SoC to benchmark Object detection, Object tracking.
- Communicate information to and from internal and external customer organizations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related technical degree
- Minimum of 2 years of computer engineering experience
- Strong leadership, organizational, analytical, interpersonal and communication (oral & written) skills
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Design/Development of Safety Critical Systems/Components
- Experience with Automated Driving sensors (Cameras, Lidars, Radars, Ultrasonic Sensors) a plus
- Experience in Performance measurement tools (for example bmetric and momentics)
- Knowledge of deep machine learning and/or artificial intelligence on smart machines
- Knowledgeable about embedded system & software as it pertains to engineering of required tools
Compensation: This position may be filled with a mid-level (the median level of salary compensation for this role is $97,980)” OR “This position may be filled with a Sr. level candidate (the median level of salary compensation for this role is $126,756).
Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.