We are currently seeking a Controller Test Engineers to support our Vehicle Motion Embedded Controls (VMEC) group! The CTE is a role that is part of a group responsible for verification and validation of embedded controllers for engine, transmission, hybrid, electrification, chassis, and intelligent brake controls.
- Develop controls test plans and procedures
- Support Technical Review Board by developing test procedures to accurately test controls software
- Develop automated test procedures that can be run on the hardware-in- the-loop (HiL), software-in-the-loop (SiL) and/or vehicle
- Execute verification and validation testing on time and with quality to meet program milestones
- Provide validation status to leadership and the appropriate program teams
- Collaborate with other Controller Test Engineers and share best practices
- Collaborate with algorithm design development engineers, technical specialists, and calibrators to improve controls algorithms
- Create validation and verification tests to ensure designs are of high quality
- Support issue resolution
- Develop and document requirements required to design an automotive controls system
- Design and manage key strategic interfaces within systems to enable component reuse and consistency to standard methodologies
- Oversee requirements development with other activities
- Provide support to other specialists for root cause analysis
- Design tests to efficiently find opportunities for design improvements
- Identify and document system vulnerabilities and craft mitigation action plans; track corrective actions
- Stay on top of industry trends, technologies, and standard methodologies.
Required Skills and Experience
- Required BS Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience developing microprocessor-based, real-time control algorithms and software in high level language (e.g. C); 5+ years strongly preferred.
- Strong ability to expertly capture and analyze empirical data.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple difficult assignments with a high level of autonomy and accountability for results
- Project management skills: planning and prioritizing work to deliver required objectives on time with quality
- High level of analytical ability with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, which is required to build relationships with team members and other key collaborators to resolve challenging issues.
- Organizational agility
Preferred Skills and Experience
- MS Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science
- Experience with propulsion control systems.
- Experience with HiL benches (e.g. dSPACE), Simulink, Stateflow, ETAS INCA and Vehicle Spy.
- Experience programming in Python.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.