While working as a Controls Engineer you will be responsible for operations, maintenance and repair of plant equipment. Work requires the ability to make decisions based on established procedure. Work is of a technical nature using independent judgment within the limits of GMS; focusing on Safety, People, Quality, Responsiveness, Cost, and Environment (SPQRCE). Use of independent judgement. May involve training others.
In this role, you will manage the maintenance and repair of plant equipment and facilities aligned with standard GM maintenance systems in addition to the following responsibilities:
- You will conduct appropriate checks and tests, and communicate evaluation of results
- Recommends solutions to problems
- Responsible for preventative maintenance and diagnosis of equipment malfunctions
- Meets schedule and quality requirements
- Complies with the terms of local and national labor agreements
- Implements divisional and corporate policies and safety and good housekeeping practices
- Maintain frequent contact and collaboration in other areas outside of working group
- Responsible for the effective use of personnel, material and equipment
- Establishes a course of action to accomplish completion of the job and/or project. Has knowledge and ability to implement GMS principles
-background in process measurement equipment such as Bauer PCS systems
-Background in Allen Bradley Logix PLC controllers for searching and finding troubleshooting and creating new logic steps.
-may be assigned to weekend or off-shifts on a rotating basis in alignment with business needs
PLC Troubleshooting; Test Equipment
Blueprint Reading; Kronos; Machine Schematics; Repairing Mechanical Equipment Preferred
Bachelors in Engineering
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.