As a Controls Engineer, you will be responsible to assist Maintenance to Troubleshoot and conduct Continuous Improvements throughout the facility and:
- Provide technical support and direction to other dept and HQ controls engineers, IT and support personnel/skilled trades
- Investigate and root cause system and equipment problems and provides technical input on problem resolution
- Strong project management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Develop cost estimates, investment forecasts, business cases, appropriation requests and plans for project activity
- Coordinate with area manufacturing engineers on process and equipment planning, including model change, throughput, sourcing, etc.
- Support GMS and Quality Network implementation initiatives
- Utilizes statistical methods for continuous improvement on plant systems
- Enforce safe work practices as the highest priority and implements objectives for ergonomics, health/safety and housekeeping
- Maintain good working relationships with peers, hourly employees, union, management, supplier community and interfaces with necessary support functions outside of the assembly plant
- Develop and monitors planning timetables and projects schedules
- Coordinate and communicates the development of changes to improve conditions for the assembly process
- Programming of manufacturing technology
- Analyzes product, process and technology to determine the best methods of manufacture
- Assist in the design and building of tools and equipment or recommends improvements to existing processes
- Assist maintenance personnel in operation and maintenance of specialized equipment
Technical Certificate or Associate Degree is required, BS preferred in an engineering discipline. In lieu of BS Degree, 2 years Controls experience preferably in a Manufacturing facility
- Intimate knowledge of automotive tooling and manufacturing assembly processes
- Broad industrial controls and automation knowledge as it relates to automotive assembly plant
- Advanced project management skills
- Highly organized
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to adhere to strict schedules and budgets
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Hold themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and creates a winning culture
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.