Safety is our #1 priority – It’s personal, Own it, Live it, Everywhere, Every Day.
As a Controls Engineer you will be responsible for the Design, construction, integration, plant installation, successful launch and continuous
improvement of the electrical and control aspects of equipment and tools required for the production of high-quality castings.
Additional Responsibilities will include:
- Ability to work 1st shift, weekends as needed and possibility 1 week on off shift every 3 months
- Manage installation of various projects
- Existing program/site support Troubleshooting, diagnosis of equipment malfunctions, etc. Support the TIP (Throughput Improvement process) Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Ability to learn new skills, and coach / Mentor others on Control related issues, using a hands on approach
- Supports business team in Business Plan Deployment (BPD) process.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and maintenance processes/procedures as well as quality control and environmental procedures is required
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with all stakeholders.
- Strong work ethic (self-starter, responsible, follow through on assignments)
- Demonstrated initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others.
- Strong technical knowledge of electrical/control systems and the ability to apply these concepts within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in PLC and HMI programming, Ethernet and/or DeviceNet networks.
- Knowledge of servo motors, motion control and drives.
- Experience in Fanuc robots setup and programming.
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical concepts involving machine designs, process requirements involved in the manufacturing process.
- Ability to use computer, interpret blueprints, engineering drawings and learn new systems.
Experience in Control Architectures:
PLC: Siemens /Allen Bradley
Robot/CNC: Fanuc Robotics / Siemens CNC / Fanuc CNC
Vision: Cognex / Keyence / Fanuc iR Vision
Variable Frequency Drive (VFD): Allen Bradley / Siemen
Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics.
Knowledge of high voltage power distribution
Education: Bachelor’s degree with major in engineering and equivalent experience/training.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.