Troubleshoot manufacturing systems comprised of PLCs, VFDs, robotics, vision systems, sensory devices (limit switches, proximity switches, etc.), HMIs, scanners, and communication networks. The Controls Systems Engineer is an Individual contributor with recognized expertise responsible for tasks and work you're doing throughout the entire vehicle development lifecycle including requirements definition, systems design and implementation, testing, and problem resolution.
Responsibilities of this position include Technical Support Activities such as:
- Enforces safe work practices as the highest priority
- Responsible for controls engineering & electrical support
- Provides technical support, direction, and training to support personnel/Skilled Trades within the organization
- Investigates systems and equipment problems and provides technical input in problem resolution
- Controls modifications and continuous improvement of production processes
- Error Proofing (SEP, vision)
- Technical troubleshooting and direction for production departments
- Floor to upper level systems integration
- Planning Activities
- Launch Activities
- Maintenance Supervision (directing of hourly trades to perform work as necessary)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Must be willing to work all shifts
- Analytical ability and creativity to solve unusual and difficult problems
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively with line workers, maintenance personnel, and all levels of management
- Understanding of manufacturing and tooling processes required
- Basic computer skills such as Microsoft Office & Teams
- Flexibility to change quickly from one assignment to another as priorities change
- Ability to program & troubleshoot PLCs, particularly Rockwell/AB
- Industrial networking/Cyber Security
- Robot automation, especially Fanuc
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.