About OnStar Insurance
Are you passionate about being a part of a start-up that will scale the OnStar Insurance business? Are you excited about a new vision and how GM will continue to revolutionize the consumer market with added services? The foundation has been laid to launch this exciting and fast-paced team. This may be the opportunity for you!
OnStar Insurance was launched in 2020 and will be in all US states by end of 2022. OnStar Insurance Services intends to leverage its unique understanding of the vehicles GM produces to offer a secure, fair, personalized, and easy-to-use digital insurance experience for drivers. GM has the largest connected vehicle fleet worldwide. In the US alone, there are currently 9M+ connected GM vehicles on the road and that number is projected to triple in the next 10 years. More than that, the OnStar system currently has access to over 900 data points from the vehicle. This surge in information about vehicles and how they are driven will revolutionize auto insurance. This disruption is backed by the bold GM vision of zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion. We are serious about the safety and financial security of our customers.
- Building various weekly dashboards and reports to analyze/monitor marketing campaigns
- Use multiple data sources and tools to identify, interpret and communicate end-user behavior and provide insight that drives campaign experimentation & optimization
- Perform ad hoc analysis for the team and identify factors to improve acquisition & retention performance to improve customer and revenue growth
- Partner with channel managers to optimize marketing performance within each part of the funnel (
- Conduct various types of analyses to enhance marketing efficiency and provide actionable recommendations to key stakeholders
- Assist in data management, governance, attribution rules, and data quality with other functional data owners to ensure data integrity across different departments
- Help design A/B and multivariate tests, communicate results and provide recommendations
- Build strong relationships with key cross-org stakeholders to help build a cohesive approach to growth targets
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in mathematics, data science, computer science, information technology, statistics, or other quantitative field
- 2+ years experience as a Business/Marketing Analyst in a direct to consumer environment
- Experience analyzing and determining ROI across various direct to consumer marketing campaigns (eg. Paid Search, Paid Social, Email)
- Experience/certification in Adobe Analytics and or Google Analytics measuring campaign effectiveness
- Experience querying data warehouses (SQL), in analyzing data, and arriving at insights using quantitative techniques
- Experience connecting offline sales data to online web data to understand marketing attribution
- Proficient in Power BI, Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Ability to communicate highly complex and technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Experience in design and implementation of A/B test across multiple KPIs and using A/B test platforms (Optimizely, Adobe Target, VWO)
- Superior teamwork, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn and stay abreast of new tools and techniques
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.