You've been hands on with data for 6+ years, you understand data structures and a plethora of big data technologies, you're dangerous with SQL, and you want to build great data products that make a difference to internal consumers of data and ultimately our GM customers. You work well with other team member and you can get creative with data and system architecture principles to create new solutions.
- Responsible for creation, comprehensive understanding, maintenance and communication of Logical and Physical Data Models for Project and Business Segment Data Areas
- Responsible for maintaining, proposing changes and verifying compliance to Data Architecture Standards and Best Practices of team artifacts
- Responsible for creation, maintenance and communication of Project Data Movement and Mapping Design Documents
- Responsible for validating the data quality and integration of all Data Architecture Components deemed to be cross-domain or enterprise in scope. Responsible for collection of necessary Data Architecture metrics to support quality of processes and related artifacts
- Responsible for leading the format and process for running Joint Application Design (JAD) Sessions to understand what data is necessary and how it is likely to be used
- Responsible for evaluating and recommending Data Query and Modeling Tools to assist with Data Architecture activities
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and crafts a winning culture.
- High SQL proficiency (Very important, 5+ yrs)
- In-depth understanding, and experience modeling (5+ yrs), of dimensional data models (facts, dimension, star schema, etc)
- Familiar with ETL dev patterns, preferably has worked closely with data engineers and leads
- BS in CS, CIS, Math, or other analytics oriented degrees or training preferable
- Must be detail oriented and hands-on
- Ability to translate analytics/reporting requirements to efficient data flows and models, utilizing re-usable patterns
- Ability to work with project managers, delivery, and dev leads to provide feedback on structuring project activities and estimates
- Experience with ERWIN or another data modeling tool before (1-2 years+)
- Promote and contribute to re-use and standards
- Ability to complete and/or negotiate deliverables and timelines with internal resources as well as business partners
- As this roles is the 'glue' between business and technical side, you must work well in a team of analysts, developers, project managers, dev leads, and other senior individuals
- Ability to understand the "big-picture" and balance it with project deliverables
- Be an active learner - The analytics field is constantly evolving!
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.