This is a Hybrid Position which does not require you to be on-site full-time. This role enables you to work at a GM facility as required and off-site as needed.
GM is undergoing a major transformation, both in how we operate and in how we will influence the future of transportation! The Vehicle Intelligence Platform Semiconductors team is focused on design and application of leading-edge Microprocessors, System-on-Chip, Memory Chip, and other semiconductors, enabling introduction of new technologies across all our products. The team supports all electronics and software domains including ADAS, Electrification, Infotainment & Connectivity, Chassis, Body and Propulsion.
We are seeking a Design Release Engineer (DRE) to lead sourcing, design release, change manage, specification and production readiness activities for a specific line of semiconductors. The DRE will be depended on to build strong partnerships with internal team members responsible for commercial negotiations, electronic control unit (ECU) design as well as semiconductor partner(s).
- Build partnerships and work closely with functional peers across engineering, purchasing, and suppliers to implement semiconductor strategic objectives
- Develop eSOR (Statement of Requirements) and release semiconductors to facilitate on-time sourcing and integration with ECUs in accordance with Global Vehicle Development Process and program timing requirements
- Run Product Development Team (PDT) consisting of all internal and external partners ensuring semiconductors are designed, produced and production ready
- Build strong semiconductor fabrication partner relationships ensuring clear understanding of manufacturing process, supply chain business arrangements
- Project manage ongoing process/product design changes related to semiconductors within scope of responsibility and present progress to leadership
- Establish domain expertise for semiconductors product line within scope of responsibility
Qualifications – Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Mechanical / Computer Science; Electrical highly preferred
- Minimum 2+ years Design Release experience
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills
- Exceptional demonstrated experience with cross functional projects
- Strong problem-solving skills and proven ability to learn quickly
Qualifications - Preferred
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years Design Release experience
- Technical background in semiconductors and/or electronics design
- A strong focus on program management, metrics, data, and results
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.