We’re dedicated to achieving our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion. We are looking for people who are passionate about helping us create safer, better and more sustainable solutions for personal mobility. Our bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
As a Design Release Engineer, you will be responsible for leading product development and integration activities of Connectivity products. Responsibilities include utilizing engineering tools and processes to successfully develop components and systems for vehicle programs. You'll effectively achieve program landmarks by thorough and rigorous program management. You will coach and lead suppliers to timely execution of program deliverables with excellence.
Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. This position requires an employee to be onsite monthly. Must be local and/or willing to relocate to Michigan.
- Create, lead, and own plan to develop and integrate new Connectivity products.
- Lead large multi-functional group meetings and drive resolution of software defects, release issues, and schedule timing.
- Work as one team with business owners, suppliers, validation, IT, and others.
- Release parts into new distribution channels.
- Provide mentorship for end-to-end solutions, including lifecycle, call flows, cellular provisioning, onboarding, and data loads.
- Participate in all design and tech reviews.
- Review and approve applicable requirement specifications.
- Ensure all regulatory requirements are being met.
- Review and approve component DFMEAs.
- Support field actions through Over-The-Air reflash campaigns.
- Develop and maintain Connectivity vehicle compatibility rollout strategy.
- Work to remove development and implementation roadblocks.
- Communicate information to and from internal and external customer organizations
- Travel as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience.
- 1+ years development experience with V2x technology
- Experience with automotive electrical systems and functional sub-systems.
- Background in Telematics, Connectivity, or Infotainment in-vehicle development process, product development, execution, systems engineering, vehicle integration, or validation.
- Knowledge of software development and systems as it pertains to engineering.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with other global organizations within both the technical and business communities.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills.
- Master’s degree
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- 3+ years development experience with V2x technology
- Experience with in-vehicle communication technologies (4G/5G Wireless, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, eCall, V2X, GPS).
- Previous part release experience within the GM systems.
- Diagnostic test tools, vehicle bus architectures & standards, OBD-II, SAE J1979, AUTOSAR, vehicle power modes.
- Knowledge of Teamcenter Systems Engineering and/or IBM DOORS requirements management tools.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.