- Has knowledge of GM body-in-white design and construction.
- Has an understanding of body build processes including automated tooling, welding/joining, sealing, and hem dies.
- Is familiar with sheet metal stamping processes and quality requirements.
- Is able to set up Perceptron vision measurement systems to reduce body dimensional variation.
- Has experience with the use of Coordinate Measuring Machines to analyze performance of builds to design specifications.
- Has the ability to supervise hourly toolmakers on the shop floor and direct tooling changes as required.
- Is able to interact with hourly production team members and team leaders on issues related to dimensional quality.
- Has very strong problem solving skills.
- Has strong oral and written communication skills. Can communicate effectively with all levels of the assembly plant organization, from shop floor to plant management staff.
- May be assigned to direct the design, development, and/or improvement of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Provides dimensional technical support to Body Shop Maintenance and Production teams.
- Keeps abreast of current product developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Actively identifies new areas for learning and takes advantage of learning opportunities.
- Must be able to rotate between two production shifts, or three production shifts depending on assembly plant operating plan changes.
- Able to work directly with automotive suppliers to root cause incoming part quality issues.
- Able to work with other departments within the assembly plant to problem solve build / dimensional issues.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.