Note: This position is -
Onsite : This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
Provides Human Resource leadership in Human Capital planning: organization design, employee engagement, employee development, recruitment, employment retention, performance management, employee support, labor relations, job evaluation, benefits administration, training, compliance with regulatory agencies and special projects.
Serves as a strategic business partner to the Plant leadership team. Assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures and their dissemination through individual or group communications and/or meetings. Responsible for planning, organizing, directing and administering plant human resources programs, building and leading local Human Resource and Labor Relations Team, developing and maintaining a workforce (salary and hourly) enabling GM to meet business objectives and continuous improvement objectives, as well as public relations activities in the community in which the plant is located, as required.
Work involves matters of a complicated nature where a considerable amount of initiative and an extremely high degree of independent judgment is utilized in making decisions. Reports to the Regional Manufacturing Human Resource Director.
•Is a Safety Ambassador, fulfilling the safety vision, supporting the Workplace Safety System
•Consultant on initiatives within the People element of the Business Plan Deployment (BPD) process and provide consulting advice strategic direction/oversight for plant
•Support Global Manufacturing System (GMS) and People Involvement (PI) implementation. Fulfill other GMS related requirements through coaching, teaching, and auditing
•Develop local negotiation strategies, negotiate and oversee the administration of local labor agreement
•Ensure people are effectively managed (e.g., active and successful HRM process, compliance with law and policies)
•Plan and execute Talent Management and Progression/Succession reviews
•Drive diversity and inclusion strategies and efforts
•Conduct training sessions related to Ethics, Policy, GMS, Safety, Leadership, others as required
•Inspire, train, develop and evaluate employees
•Participate in the interview/selection of new employees
•Maintain an effective working relationship with Management, Union Representatives, Central Staffs and others outside the work group
•Advise/counsel management on personnel issues
•Keep abreast of government legislation pertaining to personnel and employment policies and ensure conformance to legislated requirements or company needs
•Provide direction to employees in the resolution of problems related to benefits, company policies, etc.
•Work with plant leadership to develop initiatives and action plans to increase employee engagement
•Administer local salaried employee performance review procedure and employment related policies and procedures
•Execute compensation planning and associated programs and processes to support pay for performance philosophy
•Collaborate with functional Company partners in the administration of providing Health/Medical and Security services to plant.
•Facilitate internal/external Health and Wellness activities
•Act on behalf of GM, as needed, in representing the Company in various legal matters
•Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or 4+ years equivalent applicable Human Resources/ Labor Relations experience
- 5+ years Manufacturing Plant experience
- 2+ years as a People Leader/Management
- 2+ years w/ Labor Relations experience including contract administration, negotiations (lead role), grievance investigation/resolution in large, complex environments
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- HRIS experience
- 10+ years Manufacturing/Distribution facility experience
- 8+ years as a People Leader/Management
- 8+ years w/ Labor Relations experience including contract administration, negotiations (lead role), grievance investigation/resolution in large, complex environments
- Experience supporting large manufacturing site of 1000+ employee base
- Experience leading change management
- Experience working in a multi-shift environment
- Ability to perform multi-discipline HR and LR responsibilities; Generalist role with extensive technical labor competence, Business acumen (HR and Manufacturing); Strong leadership, influencing and command skills; Effective problem solving and decision-making skills; Strong collaboration skills; Strategic thinking; Data analytics; Self-directed;
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.