Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
The GM EDI Team is seeking an EDI Analyst to work collaboratively within the team and with our numerous external business and IT customers. This role will be focused on working with GM trading partners to ensure compliance with EDI standards and policies.
The mission of the GM EDI team is to develop, execute, and maintain an EDI strategy which ensures GM’s ability to exchange business data across its supply chain quickly, accurately and securely. This is enabled by developing a comprehensive understanding of GM EDI standards/processes/tools, external trading partner processes, and the business processes for the teams we support.
This role will entail supporting EDI operation and innovation initiatives. This includes trading supplier onboarding and escalations, product and plant launches, EDI specification design and development, monitoring and troubleshooting jobs, documenting business and technical processes, creating EDI solutions for new and existing business ventures, and trading partner consultation and support. The EDI Analyst will collaborate with internal/external customers, business units, external EDI vendors, and other IT groups to identify requirements, assess available technologies, and translate requirements into solutions. The candidate will be committed to delivering outstanding customer service with each customer interaction.
You will need to have proven experience in the following:
- EDI development experience in manufacturing and/or retail settings
- Familiarity with EDI translator tools, formats, processes and standards
- Manufacturing, shipping, receiving, or warehouse experience is preferred
- Work closely with business partners, customers, suppliers, software vendors, senior developers, software engineers and/or data scientist to gain additional knowledge and expertise.
- Document software solutions and ensure that technical documentation meets GM standards
- Understand and maintain compliance with GM standards and industry standard methodology
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors.
- Models GM behaviors and crafts a winning culture.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Candidates for this position must carry a relentless positive attitude and a drive to deliver industry-leading customer service to every personal interaction.
- Comfortable in proactively engaging external trading partners
- 3-5 years of customer service experiences in a technical setting. EDI help desk or support experience is a plus
- 3+-years of EDI experience or other relevant industry experiences (Manufacturing, Logistics, or Shipping /receiving)
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.