Do you have a passion for Innovation? Do you enjoy creating unique and highly technical engineering solutions to address unusual challenges? Imagine what is possible, when working amongst like-minded, multi-disciplinary team members.
The Innovation Engineering team is seeking a highly motivated electrical engineer who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with responsibilities to design and integrate electrical subsystems and components into projects that will help define the future of General Motors.
Hybrid Work Location : This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. This position requires an employee to be onsite as required for key meetings/workshops on a minimal basis.
- Design unique and highly-integrated technical electrical engineering solutions to address unusual challenges. (includes system design and hands-on development including programming and calibration).
- Technical team member of a cross functional project team.
- Continuously develop technical skills and share key learnings with peers to enable industry-leading solutions.
- Leverage networks (SMTs, Creative Design, Program teams, suppliers, etc.) to execute projects on time and with quality.
- Drive prompt issue resolution.
- Ensure project team is collaborating effectively with appropriate stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes, improve quality and reduce cost.
- Model and foster desired GM core values and GM behaviors.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science – STEM degree.
- Product Development experience with demonstrated levels of outstanding performance.
- Working knowledge of vehicle CAN communication and diagnostic tools (Vehicle Spy, CANOE, etc.).
- Working knowledge of vehicle electrical architecture design and layout.
- Working knowledge of TC Visualization to aid in design of electrical harness and component packaging.
- Demonstrated ability to complete successful projects on time.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Master of Science – STEM degree highly preferred.
- Global collaboration experience.
- DFSS Black belt certification.
- Experience in SMT and Vehicle Integration roles.
- Patents and/or publications.
- Innovation Engineering experience.
- Working knowledge of MS Visio.
- Understanding of the Development Vehicle Usage Level (DVUL) process and requirements.
- Working knowledge of the development Vehicle Software Configuration Management (VeSCoM), and data file programming processes and tools.
- Experience with hands-on electrical component design and build (soldering, harness fabrication etc.).
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.