The Manufacturing Engineering Electrical Team is growing to support GM’s vision of Zero, Zero, Zero and we are looking for the right talent to join our team in this journey. In this role your responsibilities will be of a technical nature with decisions made within the limits of general practices, policies, and standards. Your work will involve complex manufacturing problems including the need to root cause and follow issues to resolve.
You will be responsible for equipment related to the manufacturing process and defining those processes for future vehicles. To be successful on this role self-motivation, independent decision making will be key. Your responsibility may involve training others and assigning work to a small group of employees.
The role is to Lead Development of Standards and Strategy for Electrical Processing, Tools & Equipment in the Electrification, Charging & Energy Storage SMTs. You will analyze and implement product or machinery designs for the best method for manufacturing processes
The responsibilities include direct the design, development, and/or improvement of manufacturing processes, collaborate with multiple partners outside the work group, evaluate or monitor expenditures for processes and/or equipment as well as implement solutions across the globe.
- Define and maintain common requirements for Electrical Processing Tools and Equipment
- Develop and maintain T&E Bulletins and Process Control Plans for Electrical Processing Tools and Equipment
- Support innovation or new technology development with MFG labs related to electrical systems
- Benchmark electrical processing tools and equipment solutions internal and external for innovation and improvements
- Work with pre-production operations and plants to implement equipment strategy
- Update and maintain standardized work and training related to Electrical Processing Tools and Equipment
- Collaborate with Electrical Processing Expert Team
- Support Integration Architect with tool and/or processing solutions for electrical RPLS risk reduction
- Work with CME and Processing Teams for bill of process (BoP) updates for Electrical Processing Tools and Equipment
- Create and maintain Process Manufacturing Requirements
- Support Commodity Manager activities – Safety Contract Management, MPS responses, maintaining cost book, etc.
- Experience with design, build, validation and installation tool and equipment development cycle
- Minimum of 3+ years in Manufacturing including Launch
- High level of analytical abilities to solve complex problems
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Excellent abilities/skills with Microsoft Office Applications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (preferably electrical engineering)
- Experience in manufacturing, manufacturing engineering or tooling development
- Vehicle assembly process experience
- Microsoft Excel Macros and Pivot tables
- High level of project management experience
- Knowledge of Plant Floor IT systems
- Red X, DFSS or OpEx training
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.