We're seeking motivated candidates for Development/Verification Engineer position(s) in GM's Electrification Development, Calibration, and Verification group at the Milford Proving Ground. This Engineer will work on GM's hybrid/EV programs and will be responsible for vehicle level verification and integration of hybrid controls systems and feature functionality, conducting in-vehicle testing, vehicle level troubleshooting, and develop test plans. The Development/Verification Engineer will work cohesively with a group of engineers responsible for the integration of electrification systems and controls.
The position involves significant on-vehicle work involving test tracks, high feature test facilities, and environmental test chambers. Development/Verification engineers work in a cross-functional team, are expected to handle multiple projects/priorities, and frequently balance planned and unplanned work. A typical week includes test plan development, in-vehicle testing, results analysis and collaboration with calibration, algorithm/software, and controls engineers.
- Execute test plans for verification of hybrid vehicle Rechargeable Energy Storage System (RESS) and Propulsion control systems
- Perform verification testing and create test reports
- Provide testing status to Lead Verification Engineer
- Ensure verification testing
- Participate in program Vehicle Performance Integration, Vehicle Controls Integration, and Dev/Val meetings
- Follow the Verification Team Process of Engineering to ensure testing is performed per program requirements
- Mentor new employees in the following areas: test setup, vehicle testing, data review, test facility use/setup.
- Participate in verification and development trips as the need arises (minimal)
- Ensure electrification system features/functions meet customer expectations
- Adhere to all safety precautions and requirements, and treat safety as the top priority during all work activities
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with electrification, calibration or controls experience.
- Knowledge/experience of vehicle development and test procedures.
- Vehicle or bench level experience with INCA/Vehicle Spy/CANalyzer CAN tools.
- Technical writing ability to create written engineering evaluation reports.
- High level of analytical ability.
- Interpersonal styles and communication skills to work effectively with team members.
- Time management skills to meet deliverables and manage multiple projects
- Demonstrated Vehicle Level CAN Tool Experience (Eco Car, Formula SAE, etc)
- Vehicle Spy scripting experience
- MatLab experience
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.