The Energy / V2X Applied Data Scientist will be responsible for the creation and development of analytic \ algorithm solutions for our the next generation digital\data platform that will host and enable the suite of V2X, VGI and related integrated asset capabilities that will allow GM to improve the value and resilience benefits of its vehicles.
- Work closely with other GM leaders to ensure integration of the platform with functions associated with bidirectional charging, V2H, V2L, V2G and other advanced V2X functions
- Understand, guide, and encourage a vision for a data ecosystem that will be the backbone of the V2X solutions
Our data scientists \ analysts are creative problem solvers involved in close interaction with the entire CORE scrum team, development team leaders, business team members and other members of the extended IT development team. Our role will demand a high level of design and data engineering \ analytics to implement and deliver new insights and machine learning models. There will be ample opportunities to expand on your technical experience, with extensive exposure to the GM business teams and processes. Applied Data Scientists provide leadership and technical expertise to enable multi-layered solutions that comprehend and specify business, application, data and infrastructure designs. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a passion for technology and a desire to improve our application portfolio while maintaining high quality and flexibility.
Applicants should have strong core data \ code skills and some additional technical skills and proven track record with:
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Monitor and sustain model effectiveness
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Present complex information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges that drive business impact
- Agile Development Techniques
- Database experience with a Relational Database Management Systems (Postgres, SQL, Oracle, or similar)
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, computer science or related field, or, equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
- At least 3 years experience in one or more core analytical tools / suites / languages such as Python, R, Spark Scala, Jupyter Notebooks, Azure DevOps\MLOps and understand their limitations
- Python proficiency required (Sklearn, numpy), PyTorch, Caffe, CNTK, or TensorFlow framework
Experience or knowledge with some or all of the following tools would be a plus :
- Exposure to ISO 15118-20, OVGIP, DERMS, V2X, V2G, V2I
- Development of innovative product concepts and high-level design for distributed battery resources, energy generation \ distribution
- Experience in modern hyperscale ML pipelines including technologies such as Kubernetes, Spark, DASK, Docker, and Argo
- Applying machine learning methodology, with emphasis on applying and integrating machine learning with traditional analytic methods
- Manipulating high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources to highlight patterns, anomalies, relationships, and trends with machine learning techniques
- Modeling data abstractions employing multiple non-linear mathematical and statistical modeling approaches
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.