GM is committed to Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions, and Zero Congestion. At EVGRO (EV Growth Operations), we are committed to accelerating GM into an all-electric future. EVGRO will inspire mass adoption of EVs through cross-functional strategies around vehicles, buying, charging, and ownership.
The V2X group in EVGRO is developing innovative solutions that further enable EVs and accelerate sustainability goals for our customers and our communities. We are growing fast and building a team that is customer-focused, creative, cross-functional, and ready to lead this dynamic and rapidly changing industry. The V2X Platform Engineer will be part of the team creating the digital platform that will host and enable the suite of V2X, VGI and related integrated asset capabilities that will allow GM to maximize the value and resilience benefits of its vehicles.
The V2X Platform Engineer will:
- Contribute to the design and engineering of the V2X Platform, including coordinating the engineering activities between internal and external engineering groups, creating, and validating platform technical specifications, and in some cases directly contributing code to the platform. This role will work closely with the Product Management team as a critical partner to align platform capabilities across product offerings.
- Contribute to the ideation and validation of new V2X Products.
- Lead V2X team technical partners on identifying, validating, and coordinating with key external cloud solutions providers and partners.
- 2+ years applicable experience either in software product management, software engineering, data science, or data engineering.
- Experience in working with various third-party vendor systems to design software solutions.
- Comfort across a broad range of modern software technologies.
- Experience building cloud/SaaS solutions, ideally from concept stage through commercial enterprise-scale deployment.
- Energy or functionally similar application experience; strong preference for development experience in DERS, EV, or V2X.
- Demonstrated passion for this development domain. We want people on the team who are all in.
Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.