*This position can be hybrid or remote. Relocation provided if needed.
About the team:
GM is committed to Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions, and Zero Congestion. At EVGRO (EV Growth Operations), we are committed to accelerating GM into an all-electric future. EVGRO will inspire mass adoption of EVs through cross-functional strategies around vehicles, buying, charging, and ownership. The V2X Technology group in EVGRO is developing innovative solutions that further enable EVs and accelerate sustainability goals for our customers and our communities. We are growing fast and building a team that is customer-focused, creative, cross-functional, and ready to lead this dynamic and rapidly changing industry.
The Energy / V2X Software Data Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of software data solutions for our next generation digital\data platform that will host and enable the suite of V2X, VGI and related integrated asset capabilities that will allow GM to improve the value and resilience benefits of its vehicles and energy storage initiatives.
- Work closely with other GM leaders to ensure integration of the data platform with functions associated with bidirectional charging, V2H, V2L, V2G and other advanced V2X functions
- Understand, guide, and encourage a vision for a data ecosystem that will be the backbone of the B2B, B2C solutions.
There will be ample opportunities to expand on your technical experience, with extensive exposure to new technology, solving the next generation V2G architecture, developing the future data energy cloud. Software Data Engineers provide leadership and technical expertise to enable high speed, intelligent data pipelines integrating vehicle, customer, environmental, energy data streams into a variety of commercial and analytical applications The ideal candidate for this role will possess a passion for technology, data and teamwork, driving the convergence of mobility and energy into the future of General Motors.
Applicants should have strong core of data management and software coding skills, and proven track record with:
- Design, and deliver cloud-native, hybrid, and multi-cloud workloads
- Deliver quality results in cross-functional work environments and teams, SAFe agile development techniques
- Complete life cycle of delivery including architecture, design, development, test, and document integration solutions, custom development, and data migration elements of business applications
- Data Model and best data architecture\pipeline practices
- Database experience with a Relational Database Management Systems (Databricks, Snowflake, Synapse, SQL, or similar)
- Modern development patterns and platforms (Azure, Snowflake, Microservices, Web Services (REST), Containers, Cloud Native)
- Automate cloud deployments, as well as build CI/CD pipeline to support Cloud-Based workloads
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or, equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
- At least 3-5 years' experience as a Software Engineer, Data Engineer on an Agile development team
- In-depth understanding of Data Warehouse/Data Lake, data pipeline concepts and data modeling structure principles
- Azure \ Snowflake cloud data warehousing shared technology environment for providing stable infrastructure, architecture, best practices, secured environment, reusable generic frameworks, robust design architecture, technology expertise, best practices and automated SCBD (Secured Database Connections, Code Review, Build Process, Deployment Process) utilities
- CI/CD Technologies and build pipelines
Experience or knowledge with some or all the following tools would be a plus :
- Exposure to ISO 15118-20, OVGIP, DERMS, V2X, V2G, V2I
- Development of innovative product concepts and high-level design for distributed battery resources, energy generation \ distribution
- Azure Data Factory, Azure Analysis Services, Azure Synapse, Snowflake, Snowpipe, Snowpark
- Kafka, HashiCorp, Pulsar, Kubernetes, Azure APIM
- Jupyter, Microsoft PowerBI
- Python, Scala, Java, Spark, SQL
- Azure DevOps and build and release pipelines
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.