- Develop and document requirements required to design a calibration system
- Design and manage key strategic interfaces within Vehicle Calibration and Engine Controls.
- Coordinate requirements development with other activities
- Provide support to other engineers for root cause analysis
- Strong ability to efficiently capture and analyze empirical data.
- Design Tests to efficiently identify opportunities for design improvements
- Keep abreast of industry trends, technologies, and best practices.
- Identify and document calibration vulnerabilities and create mitigation action plans; track corrective actions
Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related Engineering degree
Minimum of 1 year of technical and/or manufacturing engineering experience
Experience with data acquisition and analysis on complex problems
Knowledge of powertrain systems
Understanding of engineering theory and principles of operation of mechanical/electrical mechanisms
Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple datasets and configuration
Valid driver’s license and ability to operate test vehicles
Master of Science in Engineering
3 years of engine calibration experience
6 years of automotive industry experience
Experience with in-vehicle testing
Experience INCA/ETAS data acquisition
Automotive OEM experience
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.