Our Vehicle Motion Embedded Controls (VMEC) organization is responsible for developing, deploying and releasing propulsion and chassis systems that make the vehicle “go, turn and stop”.
We currently have multiple opportunities for Engineering Group Managers to lead Software, Controls, Systems, Integration, Electronics, and Testing Engineers across a broad range of propulsion and chassis control systems! You will be considered for multiple openings as an EGM in VMEC and get matched based on background and mutual interest. VMEC currently has the following EGM Positions open:
- EGM Software Quality Assurance
- EGM Software Build Automation
- EGM Software Integration
- EGM Requirements & Physics
- EGM Chassis Integration
In this people leader role, as well as having responsibilities for a few specific areas of technology, you will help develop and lead strategic action plans to support business goals for our inclusive future as we reinvent ourselves from auto manufacturer to a tech company ! The heart of this position is to embrace agile practices that will enable you to grow your team's capability for the future with a focus on speed, quality and safety. You will be using the Scaled Agile Framework to empower your team to innovate and grow technology.
Are you ready to identify and lead staffing initiatives for work team, conduct regularly scheduled group meetings, communicate GM policies and procedures, leadership and safety messages, and craft specific to function communication on vision and strategy ? Are you in? #EverybodyIn. #IWorkForGM
- Enable self-organizing, self-managing teams to deliver product on-time with quality executions in an agile environment
- Help remove impediments and foster an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous flow, and relentless improvement
- Implement and support agile principles and practices, identifying and eliminating impediments, and facilitating flow
- Mentor, coach, and develop employees and their careers
- Establish and monitor budget for responsible activities
- Execute resource planning for required activities
- Model and foster GM's Core Values and Winning Behaviors
Minimum Required Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering to include Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science, Computer Engineering and Mathematics.
- Minimum 10+ years of engineering experience related to embedded control system, calibration, related hardware, and/or safety critical system development
- Demonstrated results in successful project execution
- Excellent multi-functional communication and leadership skills - able to get multiple teams moving in the same direction
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity while driving timely decision making
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Master of Science in Engineering and/or Master of Business Administration
- Leadership experience of teams of engineers responsible for developing or testing embedded control systems or related hardware.
- Demonstrated ability to:
1. Achieve results through effective teamwork
2. Lead numerous projects with different focal areas to successful completion 3. Lead and measure work through metrics, data, and results
- Prior experience in Mechatronic, Electric and Hydraulic Systems
- Experience managing a global team that is geographically dispersed
- Working knowledge of embedded controls development tool set – (e.g. IBM Rational Tool Suite, Git ecosystem, MatLab-Simulink, ETAS)
- “Scaled Agilist” certification in the Scaled Agile Framework®
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.